Metal Wolf Chaos XD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    I don't bother in the Nintendo section these days, so wouldn't know .
    Aye you certainly have a short memory.....

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
      clip
      Not meaning to jump down your throat SD (as I'm not having a go at you) but having that flash western-style animation tinged with a vague anime aesthetic paired up with a Japanese game seemed really jarring to me. If it had been me working in that marketing department, I wouldn't have released that.

I assume that's a new animation they've commissioned for the advert? Unless it was in the game originally, and was some kind of meta-commentary on American-style action cartoon animation.

Also bear in mind this is coming from someone who loves the Avatar The Last Airbender series; it's not an issue with that style of animation in isolation; it's about context.
      Last edited by Asura; 05-08-2019, 20:34.

Comment

'Metal Wolf Chaos XD' Review: Welcome To The Fight House

"The game still plays and handles the same but much of the fun Metal Wolf Chaos originally offered was down to the amount of carnage you were able to inflict and the crazy dialogue from all the characters. So while this is a faithful port in a functional sense, it doesn’t quite recreate what made the original Xbox game so special.

Overall, Metal Wolf Chaos XD is a decent enough port of a cult classic mecha game but misses the mark over the Xbox original. That said, even if you are not a fan of mecha games, you should still give this game a go. It’s raucous and a lot of fun and finally it is now more widely available. However, as someone that poured a lot of time into the game over the years, I still think the Xbox version is the best."

Sound levels are a bit iffy and some explosion effects are the complaints he's referencing.

Comment

The physical edition from physical run is available on the 27th and limited to 3000 units.

Comment

For people after physical, US copies are starting to crop up on ebay now. It's limited to Gamestop so there might not be many about.

Comment

I was able to preorder one of the copies by Special Reserve Games yesterday...I wonder how much the Gamestop copies will inflate in price.

Comment

Just noticed in QualityChimp's last post in the YT video he doesn't save at least two sets of hostages, he just explodes their prison cages: shame on you Mr.President.

One of the fun gameplay elements of MWC is managing to find and save all the hostages whilst under fire and bringing carnage down on everything else.

Comment

I’ve ordered a version from Special Reserve.
                  I’ve never forgiven myself for not ordering it on the Xbox originally. Always wanted it and times I had my finger on the button but decided against it. Now the Xbox version is well over £100, not necessarily expecting this to fly in price but always wanted a physical version. Looking forward to giving it a blast

Comment

Working...
                  X