Starfield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starfield

Bethesda's first person shooter and RPG hybrid is still under wraps as they have confirmed it won't release until the next gen consoles are out. Presumably it's Skyrim in Space.

I am soooo in for the idea of Skyrim in space. Another one that's a long way off though. I predict it'll come 12 months after PS5 and XB2 release. It'll probably be the game that makes me buy a new console, a bit like Witcher 3 on PS4 for me.

Comment

New related image has made it out:

Comment

Are you sure that's not a Samsung watch leak?

Comment

Turns out when MS buys out studios and their content they still can't catch a break

Comment

Makes the upcoming deep dive interesting viewing. Does this make it the first time a Todd Howard game has been delayed after setting a launch date?

Also, curiously this is just a few days after Phil Spencer visited Bethesda studios... wonder if he made a tough call for them?

Comment

I don't doubt Bethesda would have been fine releasing it with all sorts of issues given their past record. Wouldn't surprise me if MS stepped in for quality control.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                Makes the upcoming deep dive interesting viewing. Does this make it the first time a Todd Howard game has been delayed after setting a launch date?

Also, curiously this is just a few days after Phil Spencer visited Bethesda studios... wonder if he made a tough call for them?
                We know very little about it other than its set in space and its a Bethesda RPG, For us to be half way through 2022 and still not seen anything outside of a cgi trailer is a little worrying. I wouldn't be surprised if this gets pushed back again or comes out in a similar state to Fallout 76 needing lots of patching and fixes post launch.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                  We know very little about it other than its set in space and its a Bethesda RPG, For us to be half way through 2022 and still not seen anything outside of a cgi trailer is a little worrying. I wouldn't be surprised if this gets pushed back again or comes out in a similar state to Fallout 76 needing lots of patching and fixes post launch.
                  Nah in fairness that's the way all of their RPGs have been unveiled. Almost zero media apart from a sneak trailer and then more news when the release is imminent. So that doesn't really concern me as that's just how they do things, but clearly them taking another half a year build in quality leaves a huge gap in the end of year schedule.

This is sounding very similar to Sony last year with HFW and GT. As long as they do get them out before June 2023 I don't mind.

I guess we should expect some 3rd party inclusions in the June Showcase. I also figure Deathloop will be coming to game pass as soon as it's timed exclusivity window expires.

Plus you've got Flight Sim Top Gun Maverick coming end of the month. That's just free DLC but I'm curious to see that...

It's disappointing and it does take the wind out of the momentum Xbox was building but I'd much rather a better game (provided that's what we get).

Comment

It's all sounding very Duke Nukem. We haven seen a single screenshot of this game.

Comment

They’re always secretive until near release with these games though.

I reckon we’ll still see a good chunk of gameplay in the event next month.

Although yes I agree it will need insane quantities of patching post launch, probably into the next decade, it being a Bethesda RPG

Comment

I'm mostly looking forward to Starfield on the basis Bethesda now takes so long to release these types of games. I'm not excited by the concept as such just because we all know full well it'll be Skyrim with futuristic dressing just like Fallout is Skyrim with post-nuclear fallout dressing. It's a shame it's delayed but people probably shouldn't be banking all their hopes on it in the first place.

Comment

My gut says MS took a look at it and realised, as they should have anticipated, it was a buggy mess and couldn't be released as a first party game. Had this been Bethesda of old it'd be out in October, but MS just can't let that happen.
                          It'll still be a ****ing mess on release mind you.

Comment

Not to worry there’s still all those other releases MS has coming out soon, like Deathloop, and, ummmm.

Comment

I think this now makes the showcase very interesting viewing in a few weeks. Things I'm pretty certain are coming before the end of the year:

Flight Sim: Top Gun Maverick
                              Forza Horizon 5 DLC
                              Deathloop
                              Scorn
                              Atomic Heart
                              Forza Motorsport

The first 3 are pretty much definite, and the last 3 what I'd consider pretty good bets.

What will be the most interesting is if any of the other Bethesda studios have anything good to go in 2022... who knows?!

Outside of that 2023 and beyond is now looking stacked.

Comment

Working...
                              X