Xbox - Series S/X: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
    Is talking about Microsoft financials not on-topic with the Xbox thread?
    We could talk about the games they have lined up for rest of the year?

*runs away*

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
      We could talk about the games they have lined up for rest of the year?

*runs away*
      Well I'm quite looking forward to Gears 5 and Ori II and no doubt Forza 8

*runs away*

Comment

No doubt Forza 8
        In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes oh and a new Forza every year.

MS roll out new McLarens on stage at E3 more than new games.

Comment

I'm not sure if it was confirmed or just rumours there have been various posts that there might not be a Forza Motorsport 8 this year: https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/t...8-in-2019.aspx

I suspect that would be the held back for the same reasons as Halo Infinite.

Comment

No doubt Forza 8
            In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes oh and a new Forza every year.

MS roll out new McLarens on stage at E3 more than new games.
            It's every 2 years actually

Comment

Giving Forza AND in turn Horizon an extra year in the oven, especially before the new console would be the right idea. 2020 Forza 8 and 2021 Forza Horizon both would be incredible showcases, which they already are with Forza 7 and FH4 on Xbox One X.

Comment

As long as they have something else to replace it with I'd be perfectly happy to see Forza Motorsport 8 take an extra year, with the current generation there's very little of value the series can add at this point, four sequels this generation is more than enough.

It all rests now on Battletoads

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                  It's every 2 years actually
                  Forza Motorsport 4 (2011)
                  Forza Horizon (2012)
                  Forza Motorsport 5 (2013)
                  Forza Horizon 2 (2014)
                  Forza Motorsport 6 (2015)
                  Forza Horizon 3 (2016)
                  Forza Motorsport 7 (2017)
                  Forza Horizon 4 (2018)

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                    As long as they have something else to replace it
                    They do already, it's called Forza Motorsport 7

Supposedly they have said they plan to keep supporting their 2017 release with more fixes and content. But either way I think a year off would be a great idea. The next Xbox would only benefit from having a FM8 at release, and hopefully more time in development limits the risk of another Forza Motorsport 5 misstep.

But then I'm not really a fan of yearly releases.

Comment

I wonder if it'll be held back to drop the supposed Fable 4 or if another Forza sub-brand is inbound. If the latter, hopefully it'd be something with a much stronger arcade experience focus

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                        or if another Forza sub-brand is inbound.
                        Could be. Although that might imply one of its (MS) new acquisitions working on it, given that Turn 10 and Playground are likely to be at full capacity on their titles.

Comment

Forza Motorsport 4 (2011)
                          Forza Horizon (2012)
                          Forza Motorsport 5 (2013)
                          Forza Horizon 2 (2014)
                          Forza Motorsport 6 (2015)
                          Forza Horizon 3 (2016)
                          Forza Motorsport 7 (2017)
                          Forza Horizon 4 (2018)
                          I was on about the main games, hence why I talked of possible Forza 8 and not a possible Forza 12

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
                            Could be. Although that might imply one of its (MS) new acquisitions working on it, given that Turn 10 and Playground are likely to be at full capacity on their titles.
                            Haven't Playground games expand to 2 teams one for the Horizon series and the other working another open world game (which is said to be Fable) . Like with Halo I like to see a Forza 8 this Christmas with a hugely expanding Forza 8 then for the new system year latter

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                              Haven't Playground games expand to 2 teams one for the Horizon series and the other working another open world game (which is said to be Fable) . Like with Halo I like to see a Forza 8 this Christmas with a hugely expanding Forza 8 then for the new system year latter
                              Pass - I don't know. However now they are first party I can imagine their budgets are less restrictive.

If there is a 3rd Forza project, maybe it's either a smaller project as I just can't see how any of the new studio acquisitions would have put anything together that quickly. But who knows.

Comment

Playground have now expanded to two teams of 200 (400 across two locations) one Horizon team and one on a new open world action RPG title, which I hope to god is a new IP rather than a rumoured new version of Fable.
                                They have hired staff from Rocksteady, BioWare, Kojima Pro, EA Dice, Rockstar North and Ninja Theory, so they have got some seriously talented people on board for this game, may even see something of it this year.

I do feel a new IP would give them a chance to ditch any Fable baggage or expectations and give them a fresh start but totally wouldn’t mind if it was a Fable re-launch.

Comment

Working...
                                X