No announcement yet.

Xbox - Series S/X: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

would love to sit in the Sony meeting discussing the name of their next console...

Jim Ryan -right everyone lets try come up with a name for the new PlayStation!
    Jim Ryan -those suggestions are rubbish.
    Jim Ryan -5 it is then.

Comment

Makes sense now though for them. Otherwise they end up in the same branding hell that MS have gotten themselves into.
      Last edited by fishbowlhead; 20-12-2019, 09:13.

Comment

So it's just the 'Xbox' now, and we're getting a Series X and, probably, a Series S. OK. That makes a bit more sense.

PS5 is an ideal name. No one is going to get in any way confused about what that is. Sony have spent 20 years training consumers to understand what a new numbered PS means.

I'm still a bit confused as to whether the existing Bone machines will play the new Series X games. Will they? Or will Series X games be entirely exclusive to the new Series X (and presumably Series S) machines? Have we had a firm word on that yet?

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post

I'm still a bit confused as to whether the existing Bone machines will play the new Series X games. Will they? Or will Series X games be entirely exclusive to the new Series X (and presumably Series S) machines? Have we had a firm word on that yet?
          I don't think MS will want people playing games at 15fps.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
            I don't think MS will want people playing games at 15fps.
            I think with BC it means all games going backwards, not forwards. So far its seem like Halo is the only confirmed game to be on both the One and Series X

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
              I think with BC it means all games going backwards, not forwards. So far its seem like Halo is the only confirmed game to be on both the One and Series X
              Some people are saying that the Xbox brand will become essentially like having a PC, so you'll have all sorts of iterations over a 5 year period. They are talking about how PC games will often run on really old tech but not look as good. I don't think MS will embrace that sort of PC environment with their Xbox brand, because games made for the Series X would probably run really poorly on an Xbox One and even the X. You'd end up with games running at below(maybe very much below) 30fps even in 1080p.

I'm all for backwards compatibility, but you want modern games to run at their best, or at least reasonably well. Allowing Xbox One owners to play Series X games would create a lot of negativity with people moaning about how bad they perform, so it's best if MS don't go down that route.

Comment

They've already said it's about bringing games you already own in the ecosystem with you. It's not about making new games work on old console and limiting the top end, it's about ensuring titles you've invested in work on the new console as they should.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                  Some people are saying that the Xbox brand will become essentially like having a PC, so you'll have all sorts of iterations over a 5 year period. They are talking about how PC games will often run on really old tech but not look as good. I don't think MS will embrace that sort of PC environment with their Xbox brand, because games made for the Series X would probably run really poorly on an Xbox One and even the X. You'd end up with games running at below(maybe very much below) 30fps even in 1080p.
                  Going forward, Yes I can see that. I think it's clear by the naming of the system we'll have a Series XX in 3 or 4 years time. I don't think that means, all Series X games will work on Xbox One mind. Its looks pretty clear that Hellbade II is a Series X exclusive already.

To me, BC is all about being able to put the previous console away (or sell it), to make room. I'm not so worried about games, looking or running better. Yeah, sure it's a nice bonus but I like more having most of your old games work and where you can use your old leads and joypads and steering wheels Ect.

Comment

I doubt it’s even possible but would love 100% BW compatible ... looking at JSR and a few others

Comment

Sadly JSRF and others won't come to BC due to licensing problems in JSRF's case it's the music.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                        Going forward, Yes I can see that. I think it's clear by the naming of the system we'll have a Series XX in 3 or 4 years time
                        If Micro $oft (yeah) don't eventually release an Xbox X Series XXX (Ex), they can **** off and I'll never buy their gear again.

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
                          If Micro $oft (yeah) don't eventually release an Xbox X Series XXX (Ex), they can **** off and I'll never buy their gear again.
                          Someone's full of the Christmas spirit

Comment

I would have just called it the xbox6 so that it's always one number ahead of the PlayStation. It's not tricky MS. Perhaps pay me millions to do your marketing

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                              I would have just called it the xbox6 so that it's always one number ahead of the PlayStation. It's not tricky MS. Perhaps pay me millions to do your marketing
                              No MS, I'll do it for just a million. You should call it 6box. Job done.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                                Wana know the worst bit? All the crap names MS come up with, a whole group of retards got a ton of money to come up with them.

Let that sink in, they got PAID for it.
                                Last edited by fishbowlhead; 24-12-2019, 23:09.

Comment

Working...
                                X