No announcement yet.

Xbox - Series S/X: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah. I'd really like Halo Infinite to be a balls out awesome game, but some guy I've never seen before looking at pictures of his kids didn't do it for me.

Honestly the most exciting thing for me out of the Xbox show was MS Flight Simulator. I really want that! I've never played any of the previous versions, it sounds fun.

Comment

This was MS chance to drum up excitement for the new console. I agree they can't show anything properly, but they really needed to make people interested.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
        Yeah. I'd really like Halo Infinite to be a balls out awesome game
        I didn't see it much different to this trailer

Which people went ape over at the time. I just hope unlike Halo 2 trailer (also said to be done in real time) The gfx will not need to be downgraded from those used in this trailer

And for me, Ori and Cyberpunk were the stands out moments of the show

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
          Yeah. I'd really like Halo Infinite to be a balls out awesome game, but some guy I've never seen before looking at pictures of his kids didn't do it for me.

Honestly the most exciting thing for me out of the Xbox show was MS Flight Simulator. I really want that! I've never played any of the previous versions, it sounds fun.
          My neighbour is ridiculously excited for this. He just finished making a concord dashboard for FlightSim10 which has had thousands of downloads in a few days. The scene is still strong for a 15 year old game.

Comment

Some of the indie titles looked great and for me it was weird this year, being a game pass owner, knowing I'd be able to try out all of them... Strange days.

Agree next year it's going to be massive, for both Sony and MS. I'd still love both of them to announce a cross play partnership for 3rd party titles... One can wish. At least then it makes playing with friends less about picking a "side".

As for xCloud, I'm hearing some major positives and major negatives depending where you read your news. To me if you want a strong indicator of how that'll pan out you just need to check out OneCast on Android or iOS and stream games locally. There is talk of how they'll scale text and stuff for smaller screens but basically it should feel the same as what that app is offering with a few extras.

To me that is good enough. Stadia might bring new functionality to the table but really I just want to play my full size games that I own on a small screen when I'm not in my lounge.

Comment

Small piece of news that slipped through the net. No more backwards compatible work being done on Xbox One. So if the game isn't already compatible with XBO it ain't happening now.

Microsoft has announced there will be no more games added to the backwards compatible catalogue for Xbox One.

In a blog post listing the final titles coming to the initiative, the platform holder explained it is now "setting our sights on what's next for the future of compatibility" -- i.e. concentrating on its next-generation console, codenamed Project Scarlett.
              The post also reiterated the goal stated by Xbox boss Phil Spencer during an E3 episode of Inside Xbox last night, where he declared he wanted Project Scarlett to be able to play all four generations of Xbox games.
              Since Microsoft first announced backwards compatibility for Xbox One at E3 2015, it has made over 600 original Xbox and Xbox 360 titles playable on its current console. Over half of all Xbox users have made use of this functionality

Comment

They're probably getting to the point of diminishing returns on the BC now - are there any titles that are notably absent that can't be explained away because of licensing issues (like OutRun)?

I would have liked Forza 4, but I put that down to car licensing issues.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                  They're probably getting to the point of diminishing returns on the BC now - are there any titles that are notably absent that can't be explained away because of licensing issues (like OutRun)?

Rallisport Challenge 2.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post

Music tracks as well, no doubt that played its part in no JSRF BC. I really would have liked to seen Binary Domain and Project Sylpheed made BC. Both underrated gems and I doubt both games had any issues with music rights. Hopefully one day SEGA with just make a remaster of JSRF minus the music it can no longer use

Comment

To be honest what is there on backwards compatibility is just plain amazing. I see most if not all the splinter cell games have snuck in and a load of Rare titles got the X enhanced treatment. Not a bad way to finish.

Be interesting to see what titles are missing that were sought after.

Comment

I wanted Saw on there but I’m in a minority I imagine. Ninja Gaiden looks amazing on a One.

Comment

Phil Spencer says as yet, they're not planning for Xbox 4 to be their last console.

Comment

Spencer effectively confirms the two SKU rumour is false

Comment

All Xbox One controllers are forward compatible with Xbox 4

Comment

Microsoft has announced an upgrade option for the next Xbox console.It's part of the relaunched Xbox All Access, which …

Okay... but lots of potential wrinkles to this

Comment

Working...
                                X