No announcement yet.

Xbox - Series S/X: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playing Skyrim at 60fps is fine with a controller, however when using the mouse and keyboard it doesn't cut it. 60fps isn't anywhere near enough for mouselook.

With that in mind I'll probably be playing Cyberpunk with a controller unless I can really push the performance by subtracting ray-tracing.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
      Playing Skyrim at 60fps is fine with a controller, however when using the mouse and keyboard it doesn't cut it. 60fps isn't anywhere near enough for mouselook.

With that in mind I'll probably be playing Cyberpunk with a controller unless I can really push the performance by subtracting ray-tracing.
      The ever moving bar of PC gamers. Gotta keep leet

It’s all about 144hz nowadays, is is it 240hz as some console games will be doing 120...

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post

Speaking of Skyrim.
        The game that refuses to die.

Comment

No. Tell me that's not real?!

Comment

It really wouldn’t surprise me if it was real but it’s unknown at the moment, until they confirm.

Comment

Next year is it's 10th Anniversary - it's absolutely going to happen

Comment

I do know that that is the official PS5 box style. Could be real.

Comment

I played Skyrim on PS3 at about 20fps

Got to be the worst version of the game going. Still loved it to bits for 250+ hours.

It does make me laugh that it’s coming to PS5. We all knew it was going to happen though.

Comment

Bethesda embracing 'Dumb Delivery'.

Comment

Speaking of Bethesda I see Fallout 76 just went into game pass overnight. Is it still pants or is it worth checking out? It's 76gb.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                        Speaking of Bethesda I see Fallout 76 just went into game pass overnight. Is it still pants or is it worth checking out? It's 76gb.
                        I haven't played it for a few months but I enjoyed what I've played (lvl 30ish/c. 24hrs+).

For me it's a slightly improved Fallout 4 with better questing, crafting, base building that makes sense and better character progression. That said it's also Fallout 4.1 Live Service & multiplayer that launched with way too many bugs and cheating (on PC).

The star of the show that gets missed is the map. I found this way more interesting to explore than the previous two Fallouts. The big update from a few months ago; Wastelanders, has added two factions with human NPCs. The quests for this were quite well received although I haven't played those.

So I think whether it's worth playing comes down to how much you enjoy Fallout or these style of games and how comfortable you are with GaaS/Live Services.

Comment

Thanks for that... Think I'll check it out.

Comment

Game Pass coming to Switch becomes less likely

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
                              So I think whether it's worth playing comes down to how much you enjoy Fallout or these style of games and how comfortable you are with GaaS/Live Services.
                              Depends on what it is about Fallout you enjoy. If it's the story, as excellently done in Fallout New Vegas or the combat (which is garbo), then you'll hate it. If you enjoy the exploration, then yes, this is a good aspect of Fallout 76. It's not a game I'd recommend paying full price for though and I see it's crept up in price since I paid £10 for it.

Given it's on Game Pass and should you not be troubled by download quotas, bung it on the queue overnight and have a look for yourself.

Comment

Well I tried Fallout 76 and I've uninstalled it already. I know it's Bethesda but within an hour or play time iencountered 4-5 bugs... How did this even get released and what exactly have they patched in a year?

Comment

Working...
                                X