No announcement yet.

Xbox - Series S/X: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Netflix got around that on Google Play and then the App Store by not allowing people to buy subscriptions within the apps themselves. It's also why you can't rent Amazon films from within the Prime App on mobile.

Comment

That is absolutely going to be what the issue is, yeah.

It will probably come to iOS eventually when they manage to cut some sort of deal. Apple's 30% policy is pretty outrageous and they're getting an increasing amount of flak for it. I know it came out in the recent release of internal emails from Google/Amazon/Facebook/Apple that they had cut Bezos' gang a sweetheart deal on Prime Video subs.

My guess is that Microsoft will be looking for similar, but Apple aren't playing ball as unlike Prime Video, XCloud has no critical mass of users for them to care about yet.

Comment

Apple’s thin justification for not allowing Stadia or XCloud - because they can’t review or control all of the content on the service apparently.

Ah right OK. Just like how they’d usually review every film on Netflix or every song on Spotify. Lol.

This all comes down to cash and Apple are just dancing around it with their kafkaesque App Store policies.

Comment

Yeah it's ridiculous to refer to that policy when other apps that offer content based on subscription clearly have no issue being in the app store.

Netflix etc... As mentioned get around this easily, as does Amazon Prime. MS also makes a clear point that all games on the service are industry rated so it's not like anything dodgy is being accessed here.

It's just basically Apple not cutting Microsoft any slack for no real reason. I see Microsoft have since gone all in with Samsung offering game pass with new hardware so that android side of the party is in full swing.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
            Yeah you can get a PowerA Moga clip on Amazon for around £15. That's the best one for just piggybacking your phone over the standard controller as it has two hinges to position the weight nicely.

This apparently just hit the insider build: HDR calibration tool built into the dashboard settings.

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-...and-xbox-one-x
            I get around

Comment

Working...
            X