No announcement yet.

Xbox - Series S/X: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you run xcloud from a PC app or is it only android?

Comment

Currently only Android while it's in beta.

They will roll it out wider after launch.

Comment

How come it's limited to "100+" games? Is that how many games are available or do they have to optimise or limited them to single player software?

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
          How come it's limited to "100+" games? Is that how many games are available or do they have to optimise or limited them to single player software?
          Because they're not opening it to all games yet. Right now in beta there's about 50 but that will increase at launch to the ones mentioned.

I would imagine after launch it may increase to all games in game pass at some point and that would include all first party titles.

xCloud as an app isn't just for Cloud gaming either. If you have an Xbox console on the network locally you can switch to local streaming direct from the console and at that point every game you own is accessible, not just the 100 available in the cloud streaming options.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post

xCloud as an app isn't just for Cloud gaming either. If you have an Xbox console on the network locally you can switch to local streaming direct from the console and at that point every game you own is accessible, not just the 100 available in the cloud streaming options.
            So PlayStation Now and Remote Play?

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
              So PlayStation Now and Remote Play?
              Yeah, but wrapped up in a far more comprehensive and complete way
              Mobile app.
              Complete library access including access from xcloud
              1080p

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                Yeah, but wrapped up in a far more comprehensive and complete way
                Mobile app.
                Complete library access including access from xcloud
                1080p
                Very cool.

Comment

They've just added a trial using touch screen controls for Hellblade. Actually works pretty well but obviously nowhere near as good as a controller.

Comment

So I could use an android emulator on PC and get this going on my TV?

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                      So I could use an android emulator on PC and get this going on my TV?
                      I've seen them get this running on an Nvidia shield and a jailbroken switch so I don't see why not. It's just whether you can get the APK file installed and sync up a controller.

A device that has a LAN port is your best bet if you're picking to play on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                        I've seen them get this running on an Nvidia shield and a jailbroken switch so I don't see why not. It's just whether you can get the APK file installed and sync up a controller.

A device that has a LAN port is your best bet if you're picking to play on TV.
                        Cool. A raspberry pi might do it too. Worth a look. Even less reason to buy an xbox.

Comment

Just search on YouTube. Someone will have tried it... I think the shield was the most successful.

In this video, we take a look at some cloud gaming ion the Raspberry Pi 4 like Stadia and Project xCloud!Stadia does work on the Raspberry pi 4 but there’s a...

Comment

Is there any possible way of introducing any more latency to an emu setup? Because if there is I can't think of one. :ROFL:

Comment

The emu scene hasn’t been the same for years. RIP

Comment

Which is why I recommend playing on some with wired LAN and potentially wired controller if you can.

There's going to be a firmware update for all Xbox controllers that reduces the wireless latency but right now unsure whether that will also benefit Bluetooth connectivity.

From what I've played remotely you're going to really want decent WiFi wherever possible. I've played on my tablet down at my in-laws who have Sky fibre at around 67Mbps and it's pretty decent but faster games like Forza Horizon suffered.

Comment

Working...
                                X