No announcement yet.

Xbox - Series S/X: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surely Halo Infinite has a very real chance of being the lowest earnign Halo game ever thanks to Game Pass?

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
      Surely Halo Infinite has a very real chance of being the lowest earnign Halo game ever thanks to Game Pass?
      Just let the PC owners pick up the slack.

Halo Infinite is launching same day on PC as Console and that’s a first for a Halo game.

Comment

Difficult to make that statement, because Game Pass subscriptions themselves are valuable. And also Microsoft generally load their multiplayer titles with microtransactions so the opposite might be true if anything. Games like Halo Reach were a different era and different business model.

Comment

One thing is for sure, Halo Infinite HAS to be nothing short of the best halo experience yet. MS have everything riding on it.

Comment

If Halo Infinite is loaded with microtransactions then I'm buying in some popcorn and nuclear blast sunglasses for that launch.

Comment

Resetera would literally implode and explode in rage and poof out of existence.

The big reveal of it must be soon?

Comment

Halo 5 has lootboxes for the multiplayer. Most MS stuff this gen has had MTX in some form. Halo Infinite will almost certainly have a Destiny style eververse and battle passes.

Comment

Grabs popcorn.

Comment

Does Resetera implode at Ultimate Team, or Eververse, or Fallout 1st? Well maybe a bit at the last example.

But I don't think anyone is not expecting Halo Infinite to be a Live Service.

Comment

I would be more surprised if Halo Infinite DIDN’T have micro transactions, considering Gear 5 does and that’s one of the most recent games.

Halo Infinite will have multiplayer seasons and cosmetics, point me in the direction of a modern FPS multiplayer title that doesn’t have some form of monthly seasonal content or micro transaction.

Comment

I'm still curious as to how Gears 5 has done. The 'more players' thanks to Game Pass isn't much of a measure of the games success and it feels like things settled fast on the game. Maybe it's made tons, but I'm curious whether releasing it on PC and Steam offset the losses of earnings per unit sold.

Comment

MS won’t measure success by how many copies sold when that game is available via Game Pass, I mean they will know the metrics of everything.

How many are game pass vs bought, game pass to purchase conversions.
                          How long people have played.
                          How many items people have bought with money.

Last known number for game pass was 10 million, if half downloaded/played Gears 5 and let’s say 25% bought something for £1 that’s still £1.25 million, 100% of which goes straight to MS.

Now, what if they buy a £1 item every month? That’s potentially £15 million a year via a single game.

Comment

Live services are not inherently a bad thing. I got into COD MW and the flow of new stuff is terrific. I’ve never bothered to pay for the premium Battle Pass tiers but I get loads of stuff just from the free ones. Plus new maps every month, new playlists every Tuesday, free stuff on the Store. It’s great. Honestly bloody amazing value for £50.

Comment

We just started playing Sea of Thieves and coming into it after it has been around 2 years is pretty good, loads of content.
                              I quite like these live tiles to be honest, Rainbow 6, Halo 5, Rocket League, Apex, Destiny 2 have all done it really well

Comment

The cost of developing Halo Infinite will be part of the marketing budget for the Xbox platform so sales don't matter quite as much. More likely they'll promote the amount of hours played rather than unit sales which are skewed with Game Pass anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X