Xbox - Series S/X: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
    HOW did the interface even get passed the “smacked round the back of the head and do it again” stage?

Seriously what is this crap?
    The Xbox UI you mean?

Comment

HOW did the interface even get passed the “smacked round the back of the head and do it again” stage?

Seriously what is this crap?
      Are we doing this again? We will be discussing which controller is better in 5... 4... 3... 2...

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
        The Xbox UI you mean?
        Yep. Its absolutely atrocious.

Comment

It's certainly over engineered.
          The 360 had the blades UI, then they changed it and every UI since has been unnecessarily packed and sluggish.

Comment

It's the best it's ever been which is, admittedly, not saying much.

I've basically deleted as much as I could so it's as minimal as possible.

Comment

Agreed. It does feel like someone should lose their job over it.

Comment

The UI is one area where I feel there's pretty much no way MS won't get it absolutely wrong with the Series X, so persistent is their ability to make each new UI worse than the one before it.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                  The UI is one area where I feel there's pretty much no way MS won't get it absolutely wrong with the Series X, so persistent is their ability to make each new UI worse than the one before it.
                  I can't agree with that. Being a PS4 and Xbox One user, I find the Xbox front end much easier to navigate. Even something as simple as launching YouTube on the PS4 takes more steps than it does one the Xbox One.

Comment

The Xbox One is fine once you’re used to it, but it’s so unintuitive.

I really hated it when I first got mine, but I’ve grown to think it’s OK.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                      I can't agree with that. Being a PS4 and Xbox One user, I find the Xbox front end much easier to navigate. Even something as simple as launching YouTube on the PS4 takes more steps than it does one the Xbox One.
                      It's the time it takes to load up the front end on the XBox that's the biggest issue . When it's loaded up , it's much better and I like the section for players videos and pictures to be much better .

Comment

Can you add renamable folders on the main dash?

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                          Yes, you can. They're called Groups. If I remember rightly, create a Group in the 'All apps and games' section, and then you can choose to pin that Group to the homescreen.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                            Doesn’t seem so. You can make “groups” but this goes into the GAME section, so is entirely pointless.

Comment

I don't think that's right - I've got one pinned to the homescreen called 'Apps' with Netflix and stuff in.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                                I don't think that's right - I've got one pinned to the homescreen called 'Apps' with Netflix and stuff in.
                                You can pin it and just press down on the home screen

Comment

Working...
                                X