No announcement yet.

Xbox - Series S/X: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I’m sure it will look better Leon. But I’m trying to justify a new OLED here my guy...

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
      Yeah, I’m sure it will look better Leon. But I’m trying to justify a new OLED here my guy...
      Trust me, when you see XBox One X games running on a 4K OLED there's no going back. Its a night and day difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
        Forza Horizon 4 on the One X looks stunning on a good 1080p screen and runs at 60fps. Of course, it's also easy to see room for improvement in some areas when you analyse the visuals, so I'm sure that Horizon 5 will still really impress in 1080p. You'll have higher res textures and nicer looking trees etc.. Lots of things will be noticeably more attractive.

Of course, a 4K HDR screen will make the most of next gen games, but people still using 1080p screens will also notice lots of visual improvements afforded by the far more powerful tech inside the next gen consoles. All the extra RAM will do wonders for visuals(even in 1080p) because artists will have more freedom and won't have to compress things so much.
        I couldn't see any difference in fidelity between 1080p and 4K on Horizon (on a 4K TV) so went with 1080 for the 60FPS. Looks incredible anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
          But I’m trying to justify a new OLED here my guy...
          Well, it's easy to justify a good OLED -- they're much better than LCD screens. Simple.

I'll definitely be buying one for next gen gaming.

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
          Trust me, when you see XBox One X games running on a 4K OLED there's no going back. Its a night and day difference.
          That's why I can't wait to finally upgrade to an OLED. I just need to save loads of dosh.

Originally posted by Brad View Post
          so went with 1080 for the 60FPS. Looks incredible anyway.
          Yeah, it looks great in 1080p. Friends and family have said Horizon 4 has the best graphics they've ever seen.

The 60fps(a great benefit of the X) makes it a joy to play. Easily my favourite modern racing game

Comment

12TFs confirmed by MS as well as RDNA2 architecture.

Comment

So now we move from bits to teraflops, an even more nebulous way to describe a console's power.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                So now we move from bits to teraflops, an even more nebulous way to describe a console's power.
                Never a truer word said.

Comment

Ha, yeah, that is so true.

They should print 12 TFLOPS on the top of it in gold letters.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                    Didnt we have flops used in the PS 3 era ? . I'm see to remember Namco and SEGA using them In the Model 2 and System 22 battle .

Nice to hear it's fact now, system should be an absolute monster

Comment

Woo!! 12 TFLOPS to powah Hellblade 2!!!

Coooorrrrrrrrrrr.

Comment

PS4 Pro had twice the Teraflops of the regular PS4. Series X has twice the Teraflops of the One X. So, the leap from stock PS4 to Pro is the leap you can expect going to the new consoles I guess. I probably won't bother.

Comment

PS4 Pro had twice the Teraflops of the regular PS4. Series X has twice the Teraflops of the One X. So, the leap from stock PS4 to Pro is the leap you can expect going to the new consoles I guess. I probably won't bother.
                          New consoles are going to absolutely dump on current from a raw power stand point, not even taking into account they are now using NMVe ssd’s as well.
                          Last edited by fishbowlhead; 25-02-2020, 07:35.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                            The 60fps(a great benefit of the X) makes it a joy to play
                            I roll my eyes whenever someone hopes the new console generation will encourage 60fps gaming, so it was nice - if not surprising - to see the mid-gen X and PS4 Pro pushing it. It's great they're giving users the option of 4K/30fps or 1080/60fps to see the difference for themselves.

Fps perception doesn't decrease with distance like resolution does

Comment

It's not quite that simple, given the new architecture , never mind the massive power boast one will see with the CPUs and new RAM system .

Never mind the One X was far more than double the Teraflops on the base One

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                                I roll my eyes whenever someone hopes the new console generation will encourage 60fps gaming, so it was nice - if not surprising - to see the mid-gen X and PS4 Pro pushing it.
                                To be fair even the base units tried with games like F1, Dirt, Battlefield, Doom, Halo Ect all pushing for 60 fps. Which was nice to see compared to last gen

Comment

Working...
                                X