No announcement yet.

Xbox - Series S/X: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The kinect is still the best device for Skype / Streaming given its microphones and panning & zoom on video. It gets a bad rap which I guess is what it deserves but it's not useless even now.

Comment

I actually would probably pick up a Kinect and give that a try right now, since I'm using videocalling tons (and the '480p FaceTime camera' built into my 2016 Macbook is insanely bad).

But no one I know uses Skype any more and the Xbox doesn't support anything else, which is a shame. I guess it never will since the Kinect was discontinued years ago.

Comment

Can you make Zoom calls on an Xbox One with a Kinect camera?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          Can you make Zoom calls on an Xbox One with a Kinect camera?
          I Googled exactly this earlier and no, you can't unfortunately. It's Skype or nothing.

Which is a shame!

Comment

A few years ago I did an interview with someone who used their XB1 & Kinect to Skype me. They got the job!

Comment

A friend of mine was the lead developer on the Skype app for Xbox One...

It's actually great to use but nowadays with so much competition in the video conferencing space there's nothing else on the Xbox but again that makes sense of the peripheral is no longer widely supported.

One thing that annoys me is you can now actually use any web cam you like on Xbox One but you cannot use it's microphone and I don't understand why they've done that. I realise they don't have far field microphones like the kinect but they should still be able to function and not everyone has their TV 8 ft away from them across a room.

Comment

The actual Kinect is an incredable bit of kit. Just limited in its use and got a bad rep. The sensors it has can map a room. Would be great for VR these days.

Comment

OneX cyberpunk special ed is currently £260 at game.

https://www.game.co.uk/en/m/xbox-one-x-1tb-console-cyberpunk-2077-limited-edition-bundle-2758199
                  Last edited by fishbowlhead; 05-06-2020, 07:02.

Comment

That's a good price.

Comment

It is a great price that. Tempting too as I'll be buying the game anyway ... but deep down I can't justify it when I already have an X ... and it's so close to the next-gen launches. I'll probably regret this when it's sold out by tea time though

Comment

Like the look of the console and with all the SeriesX games coming to it anyway i took the plunge. £260 is a steal. Get a few years out of it on and off then a nice piece cor the shelf.

Comment

Available at Argos too

Buy Product not found at Argos. Thousands of products for same day delivery, or fast store collection.

Comment

Interesting. Must be a marketing thing from MS then.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                              Like the look of the console and with all the SeriesX games coming to it anyway i took the plunge. £260 is a steal. Get a few years out of it on and off then a nice piece cor the shelf.
                              Fishbowl an XBot. Never thought I see the day . Ordered one too

Comment

Fantastic price on the Cyberpunk XBX. I've got the Gear 5 one so just can't justify it, but that's a corker. Interestingly Amazon have stuck to the £449.99 price for some reason.

Comment

Working...
                                X