No announcement yet.

Xbox - Series S/X: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, you can't argue the value they're giving Bone owners. Even if you bought one four or five years ago, or recently picked up a mega cheap discless SAD version, you'll still be able to play the latest XSX games.

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
      Yeah, but they're all ports. Cut-down versions of existing games..
      And that's fully what I expect with Xbox One to Series X games . Half Life 2 was the same game on the OG Xbox , it just run like crap

Comment

It does mean Microsoft can say “halo infinite sold X copies” and that number will be higher than Sony’s best ps5 exclusive. It also keeps xbone sales up right now. It’s the pc model completely. You can run X on any PC with an i5, 4gb ram and a gfx 580 but for the best experience we recommend an 8 core and a rtx cars and 12 gb ram. Upgrade when you feel like it. Makes sense for them to do things differently to Sony.

Comment

It’s ironic that we worry about how XBO support will gimp new games, yet we moan about how each new generation's initial lineup is just the same as before but with nicer graphics.

WHERE ARE THE NEW EXPERIENCES AFFORDED BY THESE TERAFLOPS?

I doubt it will cause trouble for the majority of games released during the first year or so, many of which began development on XBO/PS4 with the next generation in mind. And it sounds like it could just be MS' own games("all of our games, sort of like PC, will play up and down that family of devices").

Also, I think it will be a nice psychological push if a game runs pants on your XBO but would run great if you just bought the new console. You don't even need to re-buy the game!

Also, middleware innit.

Comment

Only MS games as you day but if it does hold back xsx adoption as some fear then other devs are more likely to copy Microsoft. In turn this might mean all non Sony developed PlayStation games are made with a thought as to having them run in PS4 still, thus holding back the whole generation

Comment

It'll give them a nice excuse when the graphics aren't as mindblowing as we were led to believe

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                Only MS games as you day but if it does hold back xsx adoption as some fear then other devs are more likely to copy Microsoft. In turn this might mean all non Sony developed PlayStation games are made with a thought as to having them run in PS4 still, thus holding back the whole generation
                PS4 games will probably still be made on the PS4 dev kits and tools for a fair while yet seeing as PS5 is hardware bc, next box same as well. However what people cant count on is next box games disks working on your xbone, itle only be digital and game pass that 1st party that will be “work on all xboxs”.

Comment

A couple of leaked shots of the console showing the back with ports. It actually doesn't look as big as I thought.

Comment

Can't wait.

Comment

Love the fact some cheeky git actually registered the console as well

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                        Love the fact some cheeky git actually registered the console as well
                        Yeah that was funny. And the fact it worked.

Comment

Hellblade and Enslaved developer Ninja Theory has yet another new game in the works - Project: Mara.Announced in a brie…

Ninja Theory confirm a 4th project currently named Project Mara is in the works

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                            Honestly, Xbox One X owners should definitely seriously consider holding on to their systems for a few years rather than rushing out on day one. It's hard to imagine the difference between it and XSX in those first two years will be that big by which time you'll save money on the XSX (or they'll have already lined up a replacement for XSX)
                            I can agree and disagree. I think the Series X will be a substantial step up but end users enjoying those differences is really going to depend on what display they're using. More so than ever you're going to want a 4K TV capable of 120hz gaming and all the other specs that comes with HDMI 2.1.

I think if you're still playing on a 1080p TV right now you'd want to factor making the leap to 4K HDR with VRR support before dipping into the next gen consoles.

Comment

Yeah, I agree. I want one of the new machines, but at the same time I just don't think the difference is going to be that great unless I also upgrade my TV. And if I upgrade my TV it's going to be pretty expensive because I'm quite particular about them.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                                but at the same time I just don't think the difference is going to be that great unless I also upgrade my TV.
                                Forza Horizon 4 on the One X looks stunning on a good 1080p screen and runs at 60fps. Of course, it's also easy to see room for improvement in some areas when you analyse the visuals, so I'm sure that Horizon 5 will still really impress in 1080p. You'll have higher res textures and nicer looking trees etc.. Lots of things will be noticeably more attractive.

Of course, a 4K HDR screen will make the most of next gen games, but people still using 1080p screens will also notice lots of visual improvements afforded by the far more powerful tech inside the next gen consoles. All the extra RAM will do wonders for visuals(even in 1080p) because artists will have more freedom and won't have to compress things so much.
                                Last edited by Leon Retro; 25-01-2020, 20:38.

Comment

Working...
                                X