Ghost of Tsushima

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
    Sucker Punch confirmed it has both English and Japanese dialogue [MENTION=3687]Golgo[/MENTION]
    id be inclined to play this in Japanese with English subs.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
      id be inclined to play this in Japanese with English subs.
      Agreed. Given quality of acting I think it's nigh on essential, as in the upcoming Nioh 2. I think bad English script and acting has been a tradition for games in this historical/mythical setting since Onimusha, but still, there's a limit. Check the cheeky Cocker-ney and Essex accents around 0:40 and 0:50 in this:

Comment

June 26th release = ripe for E3 pre-order discount. I'm in.

Comment

これはずっといいですね!!

Comment

With Naughty Dog stealing all the PS4 headlines recently whether it be due to crunch, leaks, going gold, changing release dates the latest game from Sucker Punch seems to have fallen by the wayside a little bit.

Sony did a State of Play earlier with new details about the game:

Looks gorgeous, some really cool customisation options (black & white Samurai film filter, no HUD and Japanese dialogue for the purists).

17th July is the release date now giving peeps a month to finish TLOU2.

Comment

Looks stunning. Japanese language for me, with the odd foray into black and white visuals. It’s so evocative of classic cinema.

Comment

i can see why Sony have buried this, it's Farcry Samurai. The 'samurai' honorable combat looks like a slow and boring batman clone compared to something like Nioh and the stealth gameplay looks incredibly simplistic, with overuse of 'coin tossing' and QTE chain executions, why didn't the whole base didn't go on alert after he failed to execute the boss with other minions running round just looks so, so stupid for it to go straight back into sneaking around executing fools, the minimum to expect is them to go on patrol. Decade's old Tenchu games put it to shame.

At least it looks the part and the animations on killing enemies really go for those dramatic deaths you find films, instead of immediately ragdolling which i really like.

Comment

Yeah I am not impressed with the combat side of things... Not that it's bad but more it does just look like it's straight from the Far Cry / Assassin's Creed template.

I guess riding horseback and using blades and bow doesn't help with those similarities.

The world looks amazingly realised though. Really like the art direction and organic feel to the environments. Is there going to be weather and that influencing game play tactics? Like footprints in snow, noise of the rain/storm etc...?

Nice inclusions with the film grain and dialogue options. I just wish it looked a bit more unique in the combat and general gameplay. Happy to be wrong if it actually does a few surprising things...

Comment

[MENTION=938]Tobal[/MENTION] I wouldn't say that dedicating a 20 minute presentation solely to it is "burying it".

It's an anticipated 1st party title which has sadly seen the shadow of another studio's game loom large over it along with all the controversy surrounding it. If PS4 weren't due in Q4 this would more than likely have been the Sony big title as Spider-Man was in 2018 and Death Stranding was in 2019.

Comment

I'm not too impressed by this. [MENTION=938]Tobal[/MENTION] hit the nail on the head completely. It's going to have a tonne of fetch quests too, I can feel it. Maybe one for when the price drops.

Comment

Watching that I get very strong Assassins Creed vibes.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                          I'm not too impressed by this. [MENTION=938]Tobal[/MENTION] hit the nail on the head completely. It's going to have a tonne of fetch quests too, I can feel it. Maybe one for when the price drops.
                          Im the same. Apart from the setting this just looks like another open world Far Cry/AC game.

Its a bit like Days Gone. I'm sure it'll be decent enough quality- but there's not really anything there that makes me want to rush out for it. I'd actually hoped from the meagre showings we'd had that the combat would be a focus, with taking something like Bushido Blade on board. After seeing the gameplay reveal, my interest dropped a lot.

It does seem a but like Days Gone actually. Announced, then barely anything seen for a while, then it pops back up looking a bit more generic, gameplay wise. Similar to Days Gone, it seems like its one of those titles thats good quality, but isnt maybe seen as one of Sonys "big" first party releases. I mean that by saying theres not been consistent hype/trailers/info like there was with Horizon/GoW/TLOU/Spiderman etc.

As I said, im sure its not a bad game at all- and it will have its fans - much like Days Gone. But I cant see long term itll be one of the "big" titles remembered in future- but then nor does it have to be! Im sure itll sell fine like Days Gone.

Truthfully, im a bit bored of this open world formula. I see some of the changes theyre trying to make, like have wind guide you instead of markers etc. But it doesnt look like it significantly changes the open world gameplay loop itself. Still having outposts, and aimless wandering, limited crafting... all the usual guff that comes with one of these formulas of games.

It doesnt help that alot of the first party titles do have similarities. Again, Horizon, Days Gone, Spiderman, Death Stranding (not first party I know). GoW got away with it a little more with me as it was more tunneled in its open world, without aimless wandering. And Spiderman obviously had its travelling support the gameplay loop. But Horizon/Days Gone/Death Stranding did absolutely nothing for me.

Opinion online seems to be mixed with some sharing my opinions, and some loving it- which is great! Im glad some are loving it, and im sure it will sell pretty damned well- but this ones not for me,

Comment

Can't wait . Hopefully this will make up for the poor sekiro

Comment

It looks less interesting to play than I'd hoped, the Day's Gone comparison rings very true for me. But, I think this would normally have not had as much impact as it will end up having had the schedules been busier. Releasing in such a stagnant market a few weeks after TLOU2 has put PS4 back on everyones playlists - I can see this doing very well just on that basis. Looks like a fine enough way to say goodbye to PS4 but TLOU2 might have crept back into the lead anticipated game for me.

Comment

Looks nice. Also got bored before the end of the video so would no doubt fall asleep whilst playing it. Batman with a Samurai skin maybe. It's just the same old stuff; they dress it up in fancy words - The blah blah blah changes the style of combat, evolve the combat in the way that YOU choose. Oh, you mean you have a skill tree. Collecting bits of bamboo for whatever. Nah.

Comment

Working...
                                X