No announcement yet.

Ghost of Tsushima

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw a YouTube video the other day and you can reduce the shimmer on pick-ups if people are worried that it takes them out of the experience.

Comment

Review embargo broke at 3pm today and currently sitting on an average of 84% from 86 critic reviews. As a comparison Sucker Punch's last "full" game (inFamous Second Son) scored an average of 80% from 90 reviews.

Lots of praise for visuals and world building. Combat is apparently varied and stylish.

Negatives seem to be about the repetitive nature of the side quests (hello pretty much every open world game ever) and that, despite the size of the map, the world feels a bit sparse.

Super excited now. Pre-loaded on my PS4 and ready to go on Friday.

Comment

Hopefully my copy gets posted out tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
          Review embargo broke at 3pm today and currently sitting on an average of 84% from 86 critic reviews. As a comparison Sucker Punch's last "full" game (inFamous Second Son) scored an average of 80% from 90 reviews.

Lots of praise for visuals and world building. Combat is apparently varied and stylish.

Negatives seem to be about the repetitive nature of the side quests (hello pretty much every open world game ever) and that, despite the size of the map, the world feels a bit sparse.

Super excited now. Pre-loaded on my PS4 and ready to go on Friday.
          Aw man, I was waiting to buy your physical copy off you next week!

Comment

Got to say the reviews pretty much confirm my initial impressions on this. It’s graphically beautiful (unlike that depressing trudgefest Valhalla), but the gameplay sounds like a goddamn chore.

EDIT:

Originally posted by teddymeow
            Saw a YouTube video the other day and you can reduce the shimmer on pick-ups if people are worried that it takes them out of the experience.
            OK, not to be a super negative Nelly (and I really hope the people who buy this game enjoy it!), but this sort of thing is a real pet hate of mine for two reasons:

1) Developers, please commit. Don't ask me as the player to make decision for you.

2) You either design the game around the pickups glowing, or you don't. It's like the modern Tomb Raider games - they let you switch off the white paint that shows you where to go. Except if you do, you have no effing clue what you can climb and what you can't, as the game is designed around the white paint being there!

All that said, I do like the style of this game. It's a very cool setting and the art looks brilliant. It also looks very competently made.
            Last edited by wakka; 14-07-2020, 16:57.

Comment

Arekks Gaming said it's gone straight into his top ten all time games. This seems to have quite a marmite effect.

I'm going to pick it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                Aw man, I was waiting to buy your physical copy off you next week!
                Dammit! You saw through my plan.

Wait until he gets the PS4 Pro SE and then get the code off him.

Comment

[MENTION=9865]Colin[/MENTION] [MENTION=9333]kryss[/MENTION]

Back off, ya vultures!!

Comment

Just carrion tedster.

Comment

Sounds like we have a bit of a Days Gone situation going on where it's mixed results and time might shine brighter on it post-launch

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post

He's not changed his avatar, so he can't be that serious about it

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                          So true.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                            Don't you start ya flashing amphibian!!

EDIT: Ha! Changed it.
                            Last edited by teddymeow; 14-07-2020, 19:42.

Comment

My copy has turned up thanks Mr postman 1415 delivery wankers and been like it for a few years.
                              Day one patch is downloading but its crawling down

Comment

This game is not that good and the graphics are laughable at times. What a letdown

Comment

Working...
                                X