Starlink: Battle for Atlas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starlink: Battle for Atlas

Has to be the most Kings of Mid-Tier game worthy game Ubisoft has made in a while.

It looks... pretty budget in a way in motion but the Switch crossover with Star Fox just brings the appeal. It's toys to life again in a way but this time changes to the physical craft are immediately reflected on the in game one.

The Switch version wins all the attention though by swapping out the generic ship for an Arwing model:

The toys are optional so you don't need to commit to the £70 or so price they're aiming for. The game launches on 16 October 2018:

15GB download required for Switch users

Comment

I was about to pre-order it to get the Starfox pack, but they charge on-order, not on-ship. No sale.

Comment

BestBuy has 30% this during E3 and it is quite out of stock.

Comment

It’s up for pre-order on Amazon...

I reckon it looks good, just need to see what the boy thinks and work out if he’d like a Switch or not.

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
            It’s up for pre-order on Amazon...

I reckon it looks good, just need to see what the boy thinks and work out if he’d like a Switch or not.
            Awesome, I just wanted to order it from somewhere I could cancel if it ends up not being so good.

Comment

Has anyone pre-ordered this? It comes out on the 16th, so in just under 2 weeks.

I pre-ordered mine literally the moment it went up, mainly because of the Starfox connection and because I liked the look of it. Now that a bit more time has passed, some of the sheen has worn off and I'm hovering over the "cancel" button.

I mainly placed the order as I thought the Starfox pack might sell out and I wouldn't be able to pick it up later.

Comment

There hasn't been much advertisment from Ubisoft, has it? I'm waiting for reviews, but most probably I'll skip this one out.

Comment

I eased off the pedal when I found out all the game content was in the game regardless of whether you had the toys meaning they're just a novelty and not worth paying over the odds for, including the Star Fox content

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                    I eased off the pedal when I found out all the game content was in the game regardless of whether you had the toys meaning they're just a novelty and not worth paying over the odds for, including the Star Fox content
                    I can't seem to find a version of the game which doesn't come with the accessories.

Comment

That would be the downloadable version, surely?

Maybe there will will be a disc only version at some point, but I can see all physical copies being bundled with the toys for the foreseeable future.

Comment

Yep, digital versions contain all the content but if this doesn't fly it'll drop below rrp quickly enough

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
                          That would be the downloadable version, surely?

Maybe there will will be a disc only version at some point, but I can see all physical copies being bundled with the toys for the foreseeable future.
                          Yeah, I found it afterward; though it's going out at £59.99 - only £5 less than the physical.

Comment

This doesn’t look great at all imo. Certainly not worth £70. If there was no plastic Arwing, just a generic random toy, would you even consider paying that much for it?

Id hold off. I predict this will come down in price big time second hand.

edit: Actually, generic random toy is harsh. The ship they have designed is pretty cool. But I still think this looks more like a mid tier £25 or £30 game, and not worth what they are asking unless you’re a kid who’s really gonna dig the toy to life element.
                            Last edited by wakka; 04-10-2018, 23:37.

Comment

I think the whole Toys to Life fad came and went... this has missed the boat completely. And as the toys aren’t required I think this will be a bargain bin special very soon.

It’s a a shame as I found playing Skylanders with the boy quite fun, but Activision had to push it with the figures and take the piss. And Lego Dimensions could never deliver the required amount of bricks at a price point that was acceptable.

Comment

Working...
                              X