No announcement yet.

E3 2019 General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's only one thing I'm looking forward to at E3...

If Animal Crossing isn't there **** is gonna go down, as in I'm gonna sulk and be pretty pissed off about it!

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
      You're a Nintendo fan, you needn't worry about new games this year J/K
      Even when Sony is there they tend to show games that are years away. Remember how they “won” E3 with FF7 and Shenmue?
      E3 is a bit of an anachronism these days as Nintendo have proven with their Direct videos.

Comment

Ridge Racer 8 on Nintendo Switch is all I care for. Hopefully it’ll be on PS4 instead and then I’ll care more.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
          Even when Sony is there they tend to show games that are years away. Remember how they “won” E3 with FF7 and Shenmue?
          Yeah and both games still aren't out lol; Still Nintendo isn't much better, their fans, make out they won E3 with just a Metroid 4 logo.

I go agree mind. The days of when E3 and the Tokyo Game SHOW, were the ones to watch for the Big reveals are over. STILL, can't wait to see the games at this year's E3, really hoping we get a New Splinter Cell

Comment

Yeah and both games still aren't out lol; Still Nintendo isn't much better, their fans, make out they won E3 with just a Metroid 4 logo.

I go agree mind. The days of when E3 and the Tokyo Game SHOW, were the ones to watch for the Big reveals are over. STILL, can't wait to see the games at this year's E3, really hoping we get a New Splinter Cell
            Real talk. You know your ****.

E3 is going to be a huge let-down. We might see things that we’ve known about for years. The Last of Us 2. How much better than the first game could it actually be?

New hardware will be teased at best. It’s almost two years away. SCEI are a shadow of their former selves now too. PS5 is just a PS4 Pro that is faster. Heed my words.

Shoshinkai 1995 will likely never be beaten IMO.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

When it comes to Last of Us 2 I'd be more hopeful as the answer to that question is - quite a lot, it could be quite a lot better than the first game given how much free ride its fans gave it. It's taken so long to make it that it'll be really grating if it isn't a marked improvement gameplay wise over the first one.

But yeah, Shoshinkai '95 is an untouchable moment

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post

New hardware will be teased at best. It’s almost two years away. SCEI are a shadow of their former selves now too. PS5 is just a PS4 Pro that is faster. Heed my words.

E3 and Tokyo Game shows have lost their mojo for me because in the age of 24 Hr internet and where most of us have decent internet speeds, So we can now watch videos live in 1080p or 4k. The days of needing to wait for E3 and where TV gaming channels run decent quality footage are over.

I remember in the early day, watching E3 streams, via terrible quality Quick Time or Windows Media and just couldn't wait for it to be covered on the TV (on SKY or Cybernet on ITV) so I could see games running in decent and good quality

These days gaming corps don't need Trade shows, they can just show off and announce their games online on their website. That said I still like E3 and Tokyo games show, you do get to see some new footage of playable games and the odd bit of nice and interesting news.

But like with most of the things I loved growing up, getting old and the internet makes most seem less special. I love Football and used to love buying programmes or getting a paper for the fixture list pull out poster, now with the internet and being able to link squads and team news to my phone's. I haven't bought a programme, paper for the fixture list pull out, in years. Like with gaming mind, I still love reading all the latest news

Comment

They also had the rather insignificant Super Mario Odyssey on show as well, which went on to totally bomb out that Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                    E3 is a bit of an anachronism these days as Nintendo have proven with their Direct videos.
                    This was also the same e3 Microsoft showed Minecraft working on the Hololens, and that doesn't even exist and probably never will. It was an unusual e3 to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                      This was also the same e3 Microsoft showed Minecraft working on the Hololens, and that doesn't even exist and probably never will. It was an unusual e3 to say the least.
                      They certainly got plenty of previous with that kind of thing. Years of Microsoft keynotes at CES with stuff that never materialized on shop shelves. Why they were handed the CES keynote position I’ll never understand. It’s not like Xbox and a few PC peripherals aside they made much consumer electronics.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                        They also had the rather insignificant Super Mario Odyssey on show as well, which went on to totally bomb out that Christmas.
                        Yes quite correct. One game and a logo
                        Last edited by Team Andromeda; 06-06-2019, 20:13.

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post

There's only one thing I'm looking forward to at E3...

If Animal Crossing isn't there **** is gonna go down, as in I'm gonna sulk and be pretty pissed off about it!
                          I’m just hoping when it does come that it uses all those damn amiibo & cards. Would love to have a use for them besides happy home designer.

Comment

A new Rainbow Six game subtitled Quarantine to be unveiled at E3? A co-op PVE outing. Yes please!

Comment

As much as I like Siege I immediately feel like that sounds like it should be a mode in Siege rather than a separate game. Ubisoft has fought damned hard to make Siege a success and I'm doubtful introducing another R6 MP based game will help Siege as I'm doubtful new fans exist in enough numbers to sustain both separately.

Comment

Well it's off to a good start with EA Play - I particularly liked the authentic flame thrower Stormtroopers in Jedi Fallen Order.

Comment

Working...
                                X