No announcement yet.

E3 2019 General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Breath of the Wild II is a spin on the formula like Majora was to Ocarina I'll be interested but if it's a straight up sequel-more of the same-to the previous game I won't care as I've absolutely no thirst for more of that game, it was fine but it's a prototype for something better rather than something I want them to become complacent to.

Luigi's Mansion 3 looks great and Animal Crossing was nice to finally see but that delay winded the reveal. There's a couple of games I'm interested in but really, the fact this was effectively a fresh look at Nintendo's E3 2018 line up really highlighted to me that something is becoming very wrong with Nintendo's development pipeline.

Comment

Still no Chromehounds

Comment

Or signs of Bayonetta 3

Comment

But... it does warm my heart to see Banjo again

Comment

Unless I missed it, no Splinter Cell

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
              I

Luigi's Mansion 3 looks great and Animal Crossing was nice to finally see but that delay winded the reveal. There's a couple of games I'm interested in but really, the fact this was effectively a fresh look at Nintendo's E3 2018 line up really highlighted to me that something is becoming very wrong with Nintendo's development pipeline.

BOTW II looks nice, but we'll be waiting some 3 years to acutally play it no doubt and I've said since the N64 days that NCL pipleline can't handle more than couple of games ever few years and this year nothing from NCL In-House teams

Comment

I will try and have a look around the show floor tomorrow. Was way too busy today with Control to do anything.

Comment

Did I just hear digital Foundry say that pso2 was North America only ?

Comment

Originally posted by Junko View Post
                    Here was the sega tweet after the show.

#PSO2*is finally making*its western debut in North America on Xbox One in Spring*2020.*Regarding an EMEA release, there's nothing to confirm right now. We understand it’s frustrating, but when we have more news to share, we will. Stay tuned to*pso2.com for updates.

Comment

They weren't particularly forthcoming with that information in the E3 trailer - "launches in the West on Xbox One" gave the impression it had a far wider reach :/

Maybe "launches with a limited release in the west in North America" didn't fit on the screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Junko View Post
                        Yes, this appears to be the case - only on XBO and only in North America, at least until there is another announcement.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                          Yes, this appears to be the case - only on XBO and only in North America, at least until there is another announcement.
                          So sega didn’t actually want to sell any copies then?
                          Last edited by fishbowlhead; 13-06-2019, 12:27.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                            So sega didn’t actually want to sell any copies then?
                            The announcement had a "Microsoft Azure" logo on it, which means they're doing the servers, and apparently the game was already localised, just never released. It's also going to a much more powerful platform than those for which it was originally designed.

I'm betting that this is similar to when MS did that Guardian Heroes port; this is a left-field, surprise announcement for them. I suspect the cost to do the job is probably less than the advertising cost they'd otherwise spend to create that much online conversation about the XBO.

tl;dr, maybe, but it's cheap and MS are probably shouldering the liability

Comment

Working...
                            X