Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PV for Megaton Musashi's anime adaptation. It'll start airing October 1st, the game is scheduled for November 11th.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
      Did you manage to play it?
      No, I didn't. I saw all the videos posted here though and, while I can't know anything about the dialogue or characters or how the side quests play out, the tech issues were very clear and they seemed to be about a lot more than system limitations.

Comment

Playing a game with the best specs money can realistically buy doesn’t negate the dog poo coding of cyberpunk whatsoever. That only leaves the other what? 98% of players who can’t brute force some of the bugs into submission to put up with them.

The game will never likely be sorted properly and i can so the “next gen” updated only making things worse.

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
          Honestly I kinda gave up on expectations from people when they started falling over themselves with excitement about Dead Space, despite saying EA are the devil on a prior breath. Everyone's forgotten that THQ did this.

Comment

Back in the 90s I used to look at THQ the same way I looked at LJN. Their logo on a cover was basically a guarantee that the game was a huge turd. I've no idea how they lasted as long as they did.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
              Back in the 90s I used to look at THQ the same way I looked at LJN. Their logo on a cover was basically a guarantee that the game was a huge turd. I've no idea how they lasted as long as they did.
              I miss retail days for a lot of media because just a logo or certain packaging would warn you even as a kid, 'do not buy this.'

Comment

The only game I ever returned to Game because it was unbelievably terrible (they took it back, to their credit), was the GBA Attack of the Clones game. Big THQ logo on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                  PV for Megaton Musashi's anime adaptation. It'll start airing October 1st, the game is scheduled for November 11th.

Not my usual type of game but i find this one intriguing as i tend to enjoy stuff from level 5 hoping this one might be the one to finally pull me in to the huge robots fighting genre. I love robot stuff purely from their design standpoint but gundam games & super robot wars games i find hard to approach to get into them as the anime all the characters are based on are usually war/millitary a genre of anime i really don't enjoy plus with super robot wars they are usually tactical rpg games a genre i'm not fond of. Wonder if any groups will be fansubbing the anime it might be a great way to see if the game is for me. In a perfect world i'd love a action game based on SD gundam characters just something fun & lighthearted.

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
                    I miss retail days for a lot of media because just a logo or certain packaging would warn you even as a kid, 'do not buy this.'
                    I think I learned quite a lot of tactical retail nouse thanks to those days. What with continually calling BS over screenshots on the back of Spectrum cassette cases from around the age of seven. That used to be so ****, eyeing up screens from the Atari ST versions or whatnot and then getting home to just pure crap. Somewhat demoralising for a child.* I hated the Spectrum because of that. It had some fun games of course which I was kind of forced to play because I had nothing else, but I just couldn't wait until I moved across to either the NES or Master System - I wasn't fussed, just get me away from the ****ing ZX Spectrum for Christ's sake. ****. I know some people are wrapped up in nostalgia with the Spectrum, but for me trying to play anything from that platform today just makes me wish those days never happened. Pure unplayable garbage, for the most part (forgiving the excellent R-Type port).

As a result, I usually do a lot more research than necessary before buying anything now. At least returns work a lot better, back then you were absolutely stuck with a duff purchase under most, if not all, retailers.

Speaking of THQ again I even felt ripped after merely renting any of their games. I was never reckless enough to try buying anything from them, thankfully. Once I moved over to console gaming I would only buy games from choice developers such as Nintendo, Sega, Capcom, Konami, etc. It just wasn't worth the ****ing gamble risking a £60 punt on anything else. I'd discover off-shoots thanks to magazines and rentals, and maybe decide on purchasing them later. I was lucky to discover and appreciate Natsume's range of SNES output all by myself by doing that.

*I know I'm sounding hard done to. A lot of kids go through all kinds of abuse, so I'm quite grateful that being subjected to Spectrum games is probably the worst part of my childhood, that and occasionally being forced to play football.
                    Last edited by dataDave; 03-09-2021, 22:22.

Comment

I think THQs moderate success during the years following was mostly due to fresh gamers who came in with the PSX during the 32-bit era. These unknowing, uneducated, muppets were easily led astray by movie licensing and fancy game covers, and the like. If not for Capcom, SNK, and Namco absolutely belting it that era would have been just as dark as the 8-bit home computer days. Sometimes when playing something like Actua Soccer with friends I'd have to shout out "WHAT THE **** ARE WE DOING PLAYING THIS GARBAGE!?, CAN WE PLEASE GO BACK TO STREET FIGHTER!??". Such a huge waste of important time. I know the Wii gets stick for tons of shovelware but ****, like it wasn't the PSX that started that racket. I really wish I lived in Japan throughout the PlayStation's rise to fame - I'd have had way more fun.

I got a taste of it again the other night. I made the mistake of scrolling down on Facebook after replying to a message and it was UniLAD GAMER or some ****ing urinal that had the question "What was your favorite video game based on a movie?". You can imagine the answers, right? It was a sea of PSX Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Disney tie-ins, Kung-Fu ****ing Panda... I had to actively dig to find a single mention of Goldeneye which was buried because it had so few likes, and even when doing that I noticed that more people listed PSX Tomorrow Never Dies.

I know some people get a lot of fun out of playing obviously **** games for laughs, but for some of these poor souls PS2 Enter The Matrix is genuinely their Super Mario 64 moment.

Comment

It's late or I'd write a longer response. I've mentioned on here before how putting Amiga and St screens on 8 bit boxes was legally very dodgy and morally messed up. I agree in a way with a lot that you wrote in that I spent a lot of money on 8 bit games here that were just crap. I appreciate the Speccy for introducing me to technology.

Even the Amiga all I look back to were the demos and a few games like Monkey Island or Pinball Dreams etc. Once I saw the Master System, NES and PC Engine, for quality software the home computers were done for. Although carts cost a lot more.

I think the media have a lot to answer for and I know they were young and underpaid but they pumped out a lot of bull****.

Comment

The sheer blatant false advertising that went on back then was literally criminal.

Now days because of people like DF if the dev even breathes the wrong way with version shots or vids theres raised eyebrows from gamers.

THQ somehow managed to sell high volume garbage for there entire existence, no idea how they stayed in business.

Comment

THQ managed to stay in business for ages thanks to the Spongebob Squarepants cartoon episodes on GBA carts apparently. They sold like crazy and gave the company a stupid amount of money which they invested into that Udraw thing which was a huge flop and caused the company to collapse. Then Nordic bought the company name and a bunch of the IP.

Comment

Didn't THQ make all the Smackdown games? That must have sold loads.

Comment

Didn't they publish the Aki Corp. wrestling games as well? That's easily the best thing they did. Mind, if they didn't someone else surely would have, so it's not like they earn any medals there.
                                Last edited by dataDave; 04-09-2021, 15:51.

Comment

Working...
                                X