Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something i didn't expect to see, mario kart live home circuit just got a free update to add a new cup and some race modes.

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
      Not announced the game yet but my studio is working with Ikumi Nakamura on our new game.

https://twitter.com/nakamura193/stat...40422009753603
      That's so cool

I love that you sent her Hula Hoops lol. Our finest export.

Comment

Pragmata has been delayed until 2023...whatever the hell this game is...

Comment

Harmonix, the developer behind the likes of Rock Band and last year's music mixing title Fuser, has been acquired by Ep…

Epic Games buys Harmonix so they can make music etc for... Fortnite

Comment

If it keeps the lights on for a studio that I love, fine, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
              https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...loper-harmonix
              So sad. I still love Rock Band...

Comment

As long as Epic don't become the next EA/Activision when it comes to studio acquisition and closure.

Comment

Well, that's a ****ter. Do Fortnite players even know real music?

Comment

I thought they were owned by EA.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                      I thought they were owned by EA.
                      Nah, they had a publishing agreement years back. They were owned by MTV Network (part of Viacom) for a bit.

Comment

Awesome shooter Crimzon Clover will launch on Steam on December 6th.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                          Well, that's a ****ter. Do Fortnite players even know real music?
                          I imagine we'll see some of it in Rocket League too.

Comment

Seems the US is looking to introduce an anti bot law to stop bots buying up everything online, not sure how they will enforce that.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                              Seems the US is looking to introduce an anti bot law to stop bots buying up everything online, not sure how they will enforce that.
                              Anything they implement will last about 3 days before the bots are rewritten to circumvent the new rules.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                                One wonders if they're going to disable algorithmic stock market trading too, with that effectively being the same thing.

They won't.

Illegalising it does at least mean that when egregious cases are found, they can be prosecuted, I guess.

However common discussion on bots is predicated on the public's false impression of what bots are and what they look like, especially on social media. Twitter has many thousands of sockpuppet bot-driven accounts. People think they can spot them because some of them are obvious; like they have profiles which blatantly give away that they're false at even a cursory examination. But that's a smokescreen for the countless bots/sockpuppets that, for all intents and purposes, you'd think were real.

I had an experience a few years ago where I got to "see behind the curtain" on this. There was a trend a while back where you could "buy followers" on Twitter; like you'd pay a service and over the next few weeks, you'd pick up followers every day. Obviously all of these were fake. I found out about it when a friend did it to me for a prank, and I noticed I started getting 50 new followers every day; by day-3 it was obvious something was up, but the point was that the accounts were totally "clean"; they all looked like genuine people, proper usernames, good pictures, interesting bios. They had hobbies, interests, political opinions. They supported sports teams, had favourite videogames, posted random stuff about their "day".

This experience totally changed my perspective when you see an argument in a divisive political hashtag on Twitter (for instance, in 2021, vax/antivax). I rarely engage anymore because I honestly wonder how many of those tweets are instigated by trollfarms in eastern Europe in the pay of political parties.

Comment

Working...
                                X