Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well whether they did it reluctantly or not, they didn’t waste any time. The iOS version has already been patched to add a skip button.

Comment

Bombservice will release Minoria, a spiritual successor to Momodora, for PC (Steam, GOG, Humble Bundle, Itch.io) on August 27th.

Comment

Oh! That's pretty neat - it's not perfect, but I enjoyed Momodora. Hope it finds its way to consoles.

Comment

I know the recent Doom ports have generated a lot of debate here, but this seems the most appropriate thread to put this. It's another Digital Foundry Analysis video on the recent Doom 1, 2 and 3 ports to Switch, PS4 and Xbox One by Nerve (who also did the wonderful XBLA 360 versions).

A very short summary is that they call the Doom 1/2 ports 'mediocre' stating 'that they aren't good enough in their current state'.
          • Bad scaling (so messy in action)
          • Incorrect and stretched aspect ratio
          • Poor lighting
          • Bad sound (wrong music playback speed and poor quality sound effects)
          • Frame cap at 35 fps
          • The much maligned 'DRM' (which if your console is in sleep mode will pop up on the screen every 10 seconds) - although this should be patched out.

Thankfully Doom 3 is much better. Apart from the skippable sign-in screen the game is full 60fps and 720p-1080p on Switch, or 1080p on base Xbox One and PS4. Going all the way to native 4K on the PS4 Pro/XBX. There are some issues with frame rates on Switch reaching the 60fps target although the Switch runs better in handheld mode due to the drop to 720p.

So it sounds like the Doom 3 port is a great way to play that game. As with most DF videos very much worth a watch if they are something you enjoy.
          Last edited by Digfox; 01-08-2019, 09:18.

Comment

Nintendo’s Game Boy turns 30 today (31/07/19)

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
              So it sounds like the Doom 3 port is a great way to play that game.
              Yeah, I'm playing this on Switch at the moment and it's really impressive on that system. Runs beautifully and looks lovely.

Comment

Ogre Battle Gaiden for the Pocket finally playable in English, although not a fully complete translation...

Comment

A 2D Metroidvania based on Record Of Lodoss War will hit Steam Early Access this fall.

Comment

CRYENGINE-powered 400-person battle royale game, Mavericks: The Forge, has been cancelled due to insufficient funding.

Comment

New Details Revealed for SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays

SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays is set to release for PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC in 2019 in Japan. An English version of this game will also be available in Southeast Asia.

Comment

They're doing a limited-time Pokémon Centre in London (Westfield Shepherd's Bush, to be precise) this October to coincide with the release of the new games on Switch. On one hand it's a shame that it's not permanent, on the other hand, this is probably quite merciful to some of my friends who'd bankrupt themselves otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                          They're doing a limited-time Pokémon Centre in London (Westfield Shepherd's Bush, to be precise) this October to coincide with the release of the new games on Switch. On one hand it's a shame that it's not permanent, on the other hand, this is probably quite merciful to some of my friends who'd bankrupt themselves otherwise.
                          Oh my son would go crazy for that!

EDIT: https://nintendoeverything.com/pop-u...ing-to-london/
                          "Update: The Pokemon Company has announced that it will indeed only be a temporary location. The Pokemon Center will be open in the Westfield Shopping Centre between October 18 and November 15 this year.

It seems like London will be getting its own Pokemon Center (shops that exclusively sell Pokemon merchandise) soon. Assets for the location appeared on a press site this morning, but so far there has been no official announcement from The Pokemon Company and no further details are available. However, the press assets describe this as a “pop-up” Pokemon Center, meaning that this is likely only a temporary and not a permanent store. We will keep you updated."
                          Last edited by QualityChimp; 05-08-2019, 10:58.

Comment

Yes mate, I'm sure "your son" would

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                              Yes mate, I'm sure "your son" would
                              Genuinely doesn't interest me, mate.
                              He tries to talk to me about Ditto and Bulbasaur, but I have to feign interest.
                              I don't think I finished Red on the Game Boy and never played any subsequent games.

However, it'd be fun to visit and there are worse shops to be dragged around.

Comment

Yeah it "genuinely doesn't interest you".

Just like you have "no interest" in videogames and theme parks. It's just "for your son".

It's OK QC. This is a safe place.

That's cool news regarding the temporary Pokemon Centre. Might check it out. Thing is you have to go into a Westfield to get to it...which is always a bloody nightmare :/

Comment

Working...
                                X