X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by importaku View Post
    The nintendo DS got very close at 154 million
    True, though I should've clarified that I was only referring to home consoles.

I will say that I have considerable doubt that we'll see Nintendo sell 100m+ units of hardware again IMO. I don't think the Switch will get there.

Comment

Naught Dog and HBO are working on a TV series of The Last of Us!!!!!!!

Being co-written by Neil Druckmann with the creators of Chernobyl.

Comment

It already plays better than the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          It already plays better than the game.
          Silence!!!!*

*Love you really

Comment

Do you want Castlevania SotN on your phone? Of course you do. Out now. £2.99

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX View Post
              Do you want Castlevania SotN on your phone? Of course you do. Out now. £2.99
              Read about this on NintendoLife, in an article where the writer is begging Konami for a Switch port of Requiem.

Comment

Unsurprisingly, I found the controls to be a nightmare - even with my chubby digits I kept finding I'd miss the attack button after jumping. I know you can pair a 'proper' controller to it, but that kind of takes off the novelty appeal of being able to play on the train.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                  How have we gone a whole generation without an Armored Core?
                  Much to my chagrin.

Comment

I want a new Chromehounds before Armoured Core.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                      How have we gone a whole generation without an Armored Core?
                      True story: I was playing one of the Souls games, running around the church roof and thought about how horrible the monsters are and I would love it if From Software used that expertise on something cool looking, rather than hideous, like a mech game...

Oh yeah.

Comment

I'd like to see it have the same amount of weapons and armour as the souls games. Really push the customisation.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                          True, though I should've clarified that I was only referring to home consoles.

I will say that I have considerable doubt that we'll see Nintendo sell 100m+ units of hardware again IMO. I don't think the Switch will get there.
                          You might be right. The console is only 3 years old (about half a console life cycle) and the attach rate is the best its ever been. There's still time for it to shift a few more though so even if it doesn't hit 100m Nintendo should be happy with their effort this gen.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                            You might be right. The console is only 3 years old (about half a console life cycle) and the attach rate is the best its ever been.
                            While I wouldn't argue with the attach rate for Switch software being great, the hardware side of things feels like it's slowing, presumably in the face of Sony and MS preparing to herald in the next generation of console hardware (yes, they are rivals of Nintendo no matter how many times Nintendo or Nintendo fans try to argue otherwise) and persistent speculation regarding a "Switch Pro" model with more power.

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                            There's still time for it to shift a few more though so even if it doesn't hit 100m Nintendo should be happy with their effort this gen.
                            Oh no doubt. Nintendo definitely needed a home console hardware success after the Wii U and the Switch has duly delivered for them, breaking 50m+ in global hardware sales and 300m+ in global software sales.
                            Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 07-03-2020, 13:03.

Comment

The Switch Pro rumours get increasingly amusing the longer they go unfulfilled. It's like predicting it'll rain tomorrow everyday then pretending to be correct when it eventually does rain one day. Two years of rumours on it basically confirms that the whole thing was false at this point and if one ever does see the light of day the two things are unrelated at this point. I still don't get the fuss either, no Nintendo upgrade machine has ever been a worthwhile significant performance changer. They're always quality of life small iteration marketing opportunities instead.

I'm very curious as to what Nintendo internally has to do to see the Switch as a success. It's still facing the same paradox that it is in of itself a successful machine but at the same time has to cover the sales basis of Nintendo having to abandon having two platforms. Does 50m Switch sales to Nintendo seem a success compared to 87m 3DS/WiiU combined? I know attach rates etc make a difference as a factor but it's definitely something I'm curious about as comparing generations of Nintendo hardware the Switch could still be successful yet represent a decline in overall units sold for Nintendo.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                                Does 50m Switch sales to Nintendo seem a success compared to 87m 3DS/WiiU combined?
                                Historically, Nintendo's console revenue model has hinged heavy heavily on the games, sometimes even selling hardware at a loss. However, for the Switch, I'm not so sure, as it was comparable to a nVidia Shield and sold at the same ballpark in price, and nVidia definitely sold the Shield at a profit as that was their main source of revenue for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X