This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asura View Post
    To put that in perspective, that's ~£1,700,000,000, or more than Avengers Infinity War made in its opening weekend.

And people wonder why manufacturers chase that gacha/loot-box money.
    I'm i reading that right? 1.7 Billion? Billion??

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
      I'm i reading that right? 1.7 Billion? Billion??
      Yep; that's what 230 billion yen translates to.

Though [MENTION=7539]briareos_kerensky[/MENTION] - where did you get that figure?

I'm not disputing it as such - but Nintendo announced they'd passed 400 million last August, so that's a hell of an upswing.

Comment

That's if Google Translate did a good job with numbers, of course.

[edit] You know what? I'm an idiot. It's 23 billion yen.
        Last edited by briareos_kerensky; 07-01-2019, 12:13.

Comment

Further down the article says FEH made 23 billion yen over the year, which it says is $230 million, with a total revenue of 50 billion yen ($487 million) since 2017. So not quite as massive - 1.7 billion quid would be pretty remarkable.

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
            Further down the article says FEH made 23 billion yen over the year, which it says is $230 million, with a total revenue of 50 billion yen ($487 million) since 2017. So not quite as massive - 1.7 billion quid would be pretty remarkable.
            Ah OK, great to see those converted figures. Still, nearly half a billion! They'll be happy with that.

Comment

I am disappoint.

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
                Hard to argue with given the last few posts Still, I doubt I'll get it, just like I avoided FE: Heroes.

Comment

Not a surprise, Sega never seemed happy with Isolation's performance so it always seemed unlikely a true sequel would happen. The rumbles were curious for sure but - its dead Jim

Comment

A PSVR update seems like a no-brainer. Surely it wouldn't be too much of an investment? It would sell like gangbusters to PSVR owners.

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
                      A PSVR update seems like a no-brainer. Surely it wouldn't be too much of an investment? It would sell like gangbusters to PSVR owners.
                      It might, but is the VR (not limited to PS) large enough to warrant an update to such an old game that wasn't successful to begin with? (sounds like the argument of a Star Fox Zero port).

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                      Not a surprise, Sega never seemed happy with Isolation's performance so it always seemed unlikely a true sequel would happen. The rumbles were curious for sure but - its dead Jim
                      This new mobile game doesn't involve Sega, in fact I think 20th CentFox is working with their own internal department and other smaller 3rd party studios for Alien games.

Comment

13 Sentinels is getting a demo in Japan on March 14. The demo acts as a prologue for the full game, save data will transfer between the two.
                        And the only way to get it is to pay: the cheapest option is a pack with the demo code and a PS4 theme (980 yen), then you have an artbook/soundtrack combo for this game, or new packages for Odin Sphers and Dragon's Crown.

The full game still hasn't a solid release date yet.

Paying for a demo, really? I mean, I'll still do it, but seriously... I know Vanillaware isn't the most mainstream studio around but they are publushed by Atlus, I'm pretty sure they'll be able to absorb the costs of a free demo.

Comment

With news that From Software has two unannounced games in development, we’ve been graced with a new line-up video for this year that reminisces about the studio’s older games and shows off some of its newer ones.

"With news that From Software has two unannounced games in development, we’ve been graced with a new line-up video for this year that reminisces about the studio’s older games and shows off some of its newer ones.

With Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice being the studio’s next major release, for me, it’s all the mecha games that From Software used to develop that make this new video so lovely.

The Armored Core series is understandably featured, with the games shown being Armored Core, Armored Core 2, Armored Core 3, Armored Core 4, Armored Core For Answer and Armored Core Verdict Day.

As Hidetaka Miyazaki directed Armored Core 4 and Armored Core For Answer, it no surprise they are both shown together, as the many of the other follow-on games in the series are excluded in this new video.

Naturally, Metal Wolf Chaos also gets a look-in including the upcoming remaster Metal Wolf Chaos XD. However, it’s a bit odd that games such as Another Century’s Episode are omitted, though most probably that is down to licensing issues.

What’s interesting here is that the older mecha games the studio used to make are even featured at all, as most people know From Software these days for the Souls series and little else.

Maybe the studio wants to remind people that it used to make mecha games, which would make sense if one of the two new unannounced games is an Armored Core title.

In any case, we have Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice to look forward to this year, I just only hope From Software eventually goes back to its mecha gaming lineage, as it’s been over five years now since we had a proper Armored Core game."

Comment

Looks like the Sega Nomad is getting a reboot of sorts this year

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              In any case, we have Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice to look forward to this year, I just only hope From Software eventually goes back to its mecha gaming lineage, as it’s been over five years now since we had a proper Armored Core game."
                              Yeah; us Armored Core fans are feeling a little dejected after years of keeping them afloat buying AC titles and things like Another Centurys Episode. They've struck it rich with "Soulsborne" so I don't begrudge them milking that cash-cow, buy I really hope we get an AC6 this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Junko View Post
                                Looks like the Sega Nomad is getting a reboot of sorts this year

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...held_the_nomad
                                It looks **** and do you know why? It has a 16:9 screen. Instant fail. Even the Chinese knock offs I cover have pretty nice 4:3 screens at times.

Comment

Working...
                                X