This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hudson View Post
    Artists from Streets of Rage 4 (Lizardcube) show off time-lapsed concept creation of what Garou Mark of The Wolves could look like if they were to do it.

Looks a bit, I dunno, cliparty...

Comment

Comment

I saw this a couple of days ago on Twitter and honestly, I really hope they don't take this on as an HDR refactor.

I know I've been part of the debate here, making it clear I think it's unfair to label SoR4 as "clipart" or "flash trash"... But I'm not sure if I've ever said it; I still don't like the art of SoR4 all that much. I think it's fine and objectively it looks good, but subjectively I'm not a fan.

Comment

The European Union fined Bandai Namco, Capcom, Focus Home, Koch Media, Zenimax, and Valve for geo-blocking games on their storefronts, thus violating antitrust laws. All companies, with the exception of Valve, had a slight discount because they cooperated during the case. In Valve's case, the fine is worth €1.6 million.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
            All companies, with the exception of Valve, had a slight discount because they cooperated during the case.
            Valve have a weird history with this. I think it's because they're ran purely for their own benefit, i.e. their management is also their financial benefactor/backer. Like I seem to remember a while back this happened in Australia, and they were keen to pay the fine and "maliciously comply", rather than cooperate. Like a kid who apologises with a scowl on their face.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
              I saw this a couple of days ago on Twitter and honestly, I really hope they don't take this on as an HDR refactor.

I know I've been part of the debate here, making it clear I think it's unfair to label SoR4 as "clipart" or "flash trash"... But I'm not sure if I've ever said it; I still don't like the art of SoR4 all that much. I think it's fine and objectively it looks good, but subjectively I'm not a fan.
              I love the original artwork from KoF and SFII games from that amazing time when the series emerged. I wonder what these games would look like if those artist were involved now with all the hi-res capabilities etc. Probably still say clip art

Last edited by hudson; 21-01-2021, 13:56.

Comment

Imagine a game with glorious Shinkiro artwork for the graphics in 4k... Drool!

Comment

Kowloon Highschool Chronicle is coming west to the eshop on Feb 4th. It's a remake of the 2004 Japan only RPG and is developed by Toybox Games. They did Tokyo Twilight Hunters, a SRPG/visual novel which i absolutely loved.

Comment

Resi Village showcase thing is at 10pm
                    Official website for Resident Evil Village--survival horror as you've never seen it.

Not bad looking - shame the stream was only 1080p.
                    Maiden Demo out today on the PS5. Demos coming to other platforms at a later date.
                    Game out in May
                    Last edited by huxley; 21-01-2021, 22:19.

Comment

Activision Blizzard has moved its Vicarious Visions studio from the Activision side of the business to the Blizzard sid…

Bye to another studio as Vicarious Visions has been merged into Blizzard and going forward will act as support on their projects and no longer be allowed to make games of their own

Comment

Comment

Comment

Interesting for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post

I spat my coffee out reading this just now... brilliant.

Comment

This isn't anything new as it seemingly released nearly two years ago to little fanfare (on my birthday, no less), but I just found out that Snow Battle Princess Sayuki is available on the Switch eStore here for £13.49. It's previously been released on the PS2 and Wii under a few different names (per the wiki page), but it was originally under development as a sequel to the Kiki Kaikai / Pocky & Rocky series. While I'm not expecting it to be great, I'd previously considered checking it out as a curiosity, but it's uh... quite prohibitively expensive. So this is a nice discovery!

Comment

Working...
                                X