Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hilariously Miyamoto explains here why he's happy to earn 30k a year and wear a uniform like a factory worker while he develops billion dollar game franchises. Free cinema tickets and the odd trip to a museum, apparently.

Comment

Miyamoto earns a bit more these days. $1.79 million this financial year.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
        Miyamoto earns a bit more these days. $1.79 million this financial year.
        Thank goodness for that. He was getting royally jacked back in the 90s!

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
          Thank goodness for that. He was getting royally jacked back in the 90s!
          But he did have a card that got him free miso soup in the staff canteen.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
            But he did have a card that got him free miso soup in the staff canteen.

Comment

I wonder if Nintendo started to brick it as his profile grew. Paying that little to the golden goose seems risky, even in Japan.

Comment

Inti Creates and PQube hav announced Gal*Gun Returns, a remaster of the original Gal*Gun for the X360. Out in 2021 worldwide.

Comment

Death Smiles collection announced for PS4, Switch, and X360. Generic 2021 release date for now. Official website and trailer:

Nice to see that the "coming in 2021" is in English, so, maybe, western release kinda confirmed?

Comment

Not Cave's finest hour but would be good to see if there is an appetite for more Cave game bundles to be released especially in Europe and the US.

Comment

GG Aleste 3 added to the recently announced Aleste compilation for PS4 and Switch. Yeah it’s a brand new GG Aleste game from M2!
                      M2 have shown a working cart so fingers crossed it gets a retail release and isn’t limited to the GG Micro in the Aleste LE.

Trailer here:

Comment

B.ARK

Comment

This is pretty interesting in retrospect, a Bonus Round from just before the launch of the PS4 and XBOX ONE. This show was great in honesty and is the one thing I miss from the original Game Trailers. Great panel with Rubin, Pachter and the chap that made the original XBOX.

Rubin talks up the rise of tablets later in this genration, foreshadowing the SWITCH and other eventualities, plus Pachter and co touch on transitions and other prognostications plus company culture. They also sort of touch on the netflix of games, that is now really arriving in the form of Gamepass, Stadia and Amazon. All in all its worth a watch from seven years ago to see what came to pass and what did not...

Last edited by CAPCOM; 28-09-2020, 22:39.

Comment

^ I remember watching that vid! And yea GT is missed (time flies).

Maybe tweet of the day (also totally forgot that it was 25 years ago today I was picking up my PS1 pre-order).

Comment

Oh that reminds me I have the Bedroom to Billions documentary to watch on the Playstation

The PlayStation Revolution is an independent documentary feature film that uncovers the incredible story behind the creation of the Sony PlayStation.

Comment

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered vs Original comparison.

I'm finding it very difficult to tell the difference between the remaster and the ten year old PC version.

Comment

Working...
                                X