Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I read that this morning during a boring work meeting and it was just heart warming to see someone taking such a great idea and making it into something really special.

Felt compelled to share it basically.

Comment

I've been there a few times now. Play some Ridge Racer, some shmups, a load of retro, some pinball, some Outrun 2... Love it!

Comment

i Got a family voucher for arcade club Leeds for Christmas and luckily went pre lock down. I got to play some pretty cool stuff including the new version of point blank, (which was well um point blank) as well as this super strange Japanese rhythm based gun game called Music Gun Gun 2. i got to do a lot of multiplayer stuff with the family too, All four of us played the Simpsons arcade on a big sit down unit, being able to share an arcade from my childhood and having everyone enjoy it hit me in the feels.

I think next time i go id like to do an eve in though and just go with some grown ups, as i felt like i constantly had to have one eye on the kids and it was very busy with lots of kids running all over the place. As well as the retro stuff there are a relay decent section of games that just wouldn't be possible in the home. we enjoyed this massively confusing table flipping game where you had to flip a table as hard as you can to send all the virtual stuff flying. the monster hunter pig game was fun but didnt work very well and was taken away later on in the day and there was this ultra strange ping pong game where you had to bounce balls across pads too score points.

All in all its an amazing place and one that you would have to visit multiple times to really get a good play on everything.

Comment

[MENTION=960]Lebowski[/MENTION] oh I hear you. I took my 3 kids one time (at band camp), and they were only interested in playing Fortnite. It was the worst. I only go with adults now lol. I should have read it to be fair.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
            [MENTION=960]Lebowski[/MENTION] oh I hear you. I took my 3 kids one time (at band camp), and they were only interested in playing Fortnite. It was the worst. I only go with adults now lol. I should have read it to be fair.
            To be fair to my two they played a lot of stuff they really liked the old school light gun games. (didnt go near fortnite room thank god) it would just be nice to give a bit more attention to a few old classics and not be constantly pulled to the next machine though. its beer and arcades and an eve visit next time i go.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
              Birmingham would be a hell of a lot easier than Bury as a Londoner. Much more viable for a day trip, an hour and twenty on the train each way rather than three hours.
              If Birmingham happens, I'll definitely meet up and skate play arcades with you!

Comment

Done deal that would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                  Done deal that would be great.
                  Yup, I'd totally do this.

Comment

Count me in!

Comment

I’ll pop down from Scotland too. I’ve been itching to try an Arcade Club venue.

Comment

I'd be up for that. Somehow.

Comment

Arcade Club? Check.
                          You guys? Check.
                          Birmingham? Begrudgingly, check
                          Pandemic?

Know it's all a bit hypothetical, but I hope it happens!

-----

What I actually came in here to post was that the Undertale 5th Anniversary Concert went out last night on Youtube. Stay determined!

Comment

Comment

Comment

I love these old BBC Archive clips. Look at the way they're editing that level in Mario 3. My minds eye had it being a much more primitive process.

Comment

Working...
                                X