This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fuse View Post
    This isn't anything new as it seemingly released nearly two years ago to little fanfare (on my birthday, no less), but I just found out that Snow Battle Princess Sayuki is available on the Switch eStore here for £13.49. It's previously been released on the PS2 and Wii under a few different names (per the wiki page), but it was originally under development as a sequel to the Kiki Kaikai / Pocky & Rocky series. While I'm not expecting it to be great, I'd previously considered checking it out as a curiosity, but it's uh... quite prohibitively expensive. So this is a nice discovery!
    Looks good!
    This is totally separate to the actual Pocky & Rocky sequel currently being made?
    (Any news on a release date of that?)

Comment

Yeah, totally separate from that. It doesn't feel like that long ago that your one was even announced, so I'd imagine it's some way off still!

Comment

It's previously been released on the PS2 and Wii under a few different names (per the wiki page)
        I have the PS2 version and I remember it to be quite poor.

Comment

Also in the wiki article you linked:

Although just a few magazines reviewed the game, Heavenly Guardian received poor ratings by the press.
          with Gamespot giving it 3/10 and IGN 4/10.

Comment

It was a budget game trading on its connection to Pocky & Rock IIRC. I'd pick it up on sale though

Comment

Yeah just to re-iterate, I'm not vouching for the quality of the game here; just sharing that if anyone else was interested in trying it out as a curio, here's a way to do it for about 1/10th - 1/100th of the price you'd be paying on eBay. I'm waiting for a sale too, for what it's worth!

In other news... link

Celebrating the 20th anniversary of the PlayStation game CHRONO CROSS, the game's composer Yasunori Mitsuda directed and held the CHRONO CROSS Live Tour at the end of 2019 and the beginning of 2020. After having received many fervent requests, we are happy to announce the Blu-ray™ release of the tour's final show, which took place on January 25, 2020 in Tokyo, Japan.

Specifically for this Blu-ray™ release, the footage has been carefully edited and the music newly mixed for both stereo (2ch) and surround (5.1ch) sound. From the opening of the curtains to the final goodbye from Yasunori and the other musicians, totaling 185 minutes, the Blu-ray™ features all 31 tracks and all of the speaking in between! So that more fans from around the world can enjoy the entirety of the concert, we have included English subtitles for the speaking portions of the concert.

Comment

Comment

I'll assume restructuring means axing more people.

Comment

Nah, they'll just move everyone involved in Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill, and Castlevania to either pachinko, mobile, or janitorial roles.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                      I'll assume restructuring means axing more people.
                      With the standard Konami caveat of then refusing to allow those people to use them as an employment reference, of course.

Comment

A long time coming but on 25 May Biomutant will launch

Comment

Could-be-decent book about Pac-Man coming from Cook & Becker - link. For folks going all in there's 40 copies of the LE signed by Toru Iwatani.

Comment

Could-be-decent book about Pac-Man coming from Cook & Becker - link. For folks going all in there's 40 copies of the LE signed by Toru Iwatani.
                            Don't know why, but this has reminded me of the Capcom X Osamu Tezuka book that is coming out and that I really want a copy of!

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
                              Kowloon Highschool Chronicle is coming west to the eshop on Feb 4th. It's a remake of the 2004 Japan only RPG and is developed by Toybox Games. They did Tokyo Twilight Hunters, a SRPG/visual novel which i absolutely loved.
                              This is getting a standard limited physical edition.

Comment

Very tempted but I wish I knew more of what is in there as loads of pics of merch and design documents are great but not so much the other stuff they have shown like random pics of graffiti on walls or fashion show pics. Surprised that the signed one sold out especially at that eye blistering £287 price. Seems like it’s the price of the limited edition one plus £200 for iwatani’s autograph.

Comment

Working...
                                X