Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sisters Royale (new shmup from Alfa System, of Shiki fame) now confirmed for a western release early next year. Naturally it comes just after I pre-ordered the Japanese version. Not sure if we're getting a physical as well as a digital release though, so maybe I'll keep the order.

Comment

Digital only for the west. Didn't know there was a physicl release for it in Japan, but it's not that great...all Shikigami No Shiros are better than Sisters Royale.

Comment

Remember a company called Qute? And that they had a shooter in development ever since...uuuuhmm...years? Well, their Twitter account sprang to life with the news that said shooter, Natsuki Chronicles, is available for preorder on the X Box One. Release will be on Christmas day, the price seems a bit too high though...

"Shoot 'em up" evolve to a new level... Dramatic side-scrolling shoot 'em up! You play as Natsuki, and carry out the missions! Do you believe her past or future?

Official site:

Comment

I like that the "Official Site" for Qute linked from that MS page is actually for a Health tech company

Hoping a physical release materialises, as I'm not particularly excited by that digital price.

Comment

That's great news. Eschatos and Ginga Force were brill.

Comment

There will be a new Cotton title in 2021, in addition to the port/arrange of the original that will come out in 2020.

Comment

Please be another side scroller and not like Panorama Cotton.

Comment

I didn't know I wanted this series remastered until I read this. Shame.

Comment

The prototype of the unreleased Akira game for the MegaDrive has been uncovered and made available for everyone to download. I won't post any direct link, but it's available at the Hidden Palace.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
                      I didn't know I wanted this series remastered until I read this. Shame.
                      It is; the fans are disappointed from what I see online.

I'm about 5 hours into a playthrough of the original right now. I'm actually really impressed by what was done with the cutscenes given the limited technology they were working with.

Comment

Xenosaga was the driving force to get my PS2 chipped, given how much I loved Xenogears. I didn't even finish it.

Comment

Namco always had a love/hate relationship with Xenosaga. Probably it didn't help that the director wasn't particularly good in managing finances and had incredibly lofty goals for the Xenosaga series. For example: the intro to Xenosaga I? That should have been its own 40+ hours game.
                          Then Namco tried their best to screw up the series, like completely changing the character design for Episode II because "anime style doesn't sell well enough". In fact, I'm even surprise they squeezed out Ep. III at all.
                          [edit] And Ep.III IIRC was my first First Play thread on NTSC-UK. Ah, good memories.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                            The prototype of the unreleased Akira game for the MegaDrive has been uncovered and made available for everyone to download. I won't post any direct link, but it's available at the Hidden Palace.
                            Hope it’s better than the Amiga Akira game I played last week.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                              Namco always had a love/hate relationship with Xenosaga. Probably it didn't help that the director wasn't particularly good in managing finances and had incredibly lofty goals for the Xenosaga series. For example: the intro to Xenosaga I? That should have been its own 40+ hours game.
                              Then Namco tried their best to screw up the series, like completely changing the character design for Episode II because "anime style doesn't sell well enough". In fact, I'm even surprise they squeezed out Ep. III at all.
                              [edit] And Ep.III IIRC was my first First Play thread on NTSC-UK. Ah, good memories.
                              Fascinating. Going through it now is pretty interesting because it's one of the more-loved properties of the PS2 era that I've had very little contact with. It's cool to finally find out who KOS-MOS is after seeing her in so many other places.

Out of interest, which part do you mean by "the intro"? The bit on the battleship at the start?

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                                Out of interest, which part do you mean by "the intro"? The bit on the battleship at the start?
                                The one where the Pope (can't remember the name) recovers the Zohar.
                                It's the intro, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X