Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just wanted to mention that Itch.io have a bundle that features 742 games (another 200 being added later) from independent creators minimum donation of $5 with all proceeds being donated to the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund and Community Bail Fund split 50/50.

All games are PC DRM free.

Some highlights.
    Minit
    Oxenfree
    A Short Hike
    Night in the Woods
    Tonight We Riot
    Semblance
    A Mortician’s Tale
    Super Hexagon
    Dr. Langeskov, The Tiger, And The Terribly Cursed Emerald: A Whirlwind Heist
    Babysitter Bloodbath

There are shed loads of games in this bundle with more being added as well, something for everyone.

Comment

As of now, it has raised $1,285,643.51.

Impressive! I thought only Humble Bundle had that kind of pull.

Comment

Yeah it’s getting quite a lot of attention because of the number of games in the bundle and the overall value of it, lots of people sharing and buying/gifting which is all good.

Comment

Over 2 million now.

Comment

Bundle is now over $3 million, they added more games so the total is now up to 1266 items.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
              Sega's "revolutionary announcement" is a service that will allow arcades to stream games to home users. Interesting concept, and arcades themselves will be a server rather som datacenter in the middle of nowhere. I don't think the whole concept will escape the trappings of other streaming services, and I really hope this isn't spelling the beginning of the end for Sega's own physical arcades.
              Arcade owners: what do we get out of it Sega? Oh nothing? Turns power off when they go home.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                Arcade owners: what do we get out of it Sega? Oh nothing? Turns power off when they go home.
                Surely there will be some kind of revenue share arrangement with the operators?

Comment

Why can't they offer it remotely? Or even just port the games to console ffs. It used to be a huge selling point (reason I loved the Saturn) and could work today. Imagine a digital arcade you walk around. They could sell you more machines and allow you to place them where you want and change the carpet. It wouldn't take away from traditional arcades - it's not like Daytona ports stopped people playing it at the seaside.

Comment

Do the games have to be designed with it in mind or can an arcade literally stream anything?
                    If it only works with new machines then it's a bit pointless for the most part but if I can find a way to play Sega Race TV then HOOK IT TO MY VEINS!

Comment

I imagine games have to either run trhough an emulator server so that they can be streamed or built from the ground up with taht functionality, like Stadia does. Details are kinda scarce, Sega call it "Fog (or Edge) Computing", and all articles around the interwebs don't really offer much of an insight, even those on Japanese blogs. I guess Ars Tecnica's is as good as any other: https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020/...-data-centers/

Comment

Trailer for Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                          Day One Instabuy for me. Unless it’s only on Switch.

Sony missed a trick not having that at the PS5 showcase.
                          Last edited by CMcK; 10-06-2020, 22:46.

Comment

Sega's really dishing out the franchises after Mania showed them others are willing to do the hard work...

Monster Boy/World
                            Panzer Dragoon 1
                            Streets of Rage 4
                            Virtual Racing 'HD' and the switch AGES releases.

Looking forward to Kid Chameleon 2/Remake

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post

One of my fav games on the old Master System. Looks ace, can't wait

Comment

No need for that music though. The full game better not have that style in it.

Comment

Working...
                                X