This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wakka View Post
    I'm not sure why you guys are so keen - it seems a bit naff to be honest, I'm not sure you're missing much. Much cooler to have an original machine that's been refurbed, like the sort of stuff Escape to 88 does

For me, anyway!
    I wouldn't say I was keen for this particular machine, necessarily.

I guess my general point is that it would be nice for Arcade1Up to make their stuff more regularly available outside of NA so that the choice could be had.

But yeah, would deffo prefer an original cabinet or refurb original given over this if money and space were no object.

Comment

Plumbers Don't Wear Ties is getting a re-release on PC, PS4 and 5, and Switch.

WHY?

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
        Same reason why Bubsy and Shaq-fu got a Kickstarter; because we've reached a point in our civilisation where nothing established can be bad enough to make it a worse investment than something new, so we recycle everything, navel gazing, until one day schoolkids study why we didn't learn from the fall of Rome

Comment

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz announced with Sonic somehow only just now a playable character

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
            Same reason why Bubsy and Shaq-fu got a Kickstarter; because we've reached a point in our civilisation where nothing established can be bad enough to make it a worse investment than something new, so we recycle everything, navel gazing, until one day schoolkids study why we didn't learn from the fall of Rome
            It was more of a rhetorical question, after Night Trap it's only a matter of time we get Sewer Shark and the entire Sega CD and 3DO lineup of FMV games on modern hardware. I mean, they have the same level of interaction of some contempoary story-heavy games, they are the perfect fit for a portion of the market.

Comment

Does feel like a lot of unnecessary tat comes out in regards to retro gaming atm. That Rondo English release looks cool at least.

Comment

WHY?
                For people who love to waste money? This "game" doesn't even have any novelty value.

Comment

Sony has been working with Deviation Games on its new PlayStation-exclusive IP for over a year already
                  But it's "a little while out".

"Deviation Games was set up in November 2019 by former Treyarch Studios developers Dave Anthony and Jason Blundell, both of whom played a key role in the success of the Call of Duty: Black Ops series.

Blundell, one of the chief creators of Call of Duty's popular zombies mode, left Treyarch after 13 years at the developer.

He began working on nazi zombies - the co-op bonus mode in which players fought against waves of enemies - back in 2007 for 2008's Call of Duty World at War. World at War was the first game in Activision's blockbuster shooter series to feature a zombies mode, although it was only playable once the campaign was completed. It would go on to gain huge popularity within Treyarch's Black Ops games as a fully-fledged mode separate to campaign and traditional multiplayer.

Blundell, originally from Warrington, eventually became co-studio head of Treyarch in November 2016 after a stint directing the zombies modes of the various Black Ops games. Liverpudlian Dave Anthony also worked on World at War and the Black Ops games alongside Blundell as a producer and director, before leaving Treyarch in 2013."

Comment

Amazon’s game streaming platform, Luna, will be available to Prime members on June 21 and 22
                    Want to try out Amazon’s game streaming platform? Here’s your chance

" CommentsAmazon is the latest major company to explore the world of game streaming. Luna, which it first unveiled last year has only been available to those that requested early access (or for those that signed up through a Fire TV device).

Now, however, Amazon is giving more people the chance to try its game streaming service later in June. On June 21 and 22, Prime members can sign up for a free seven-day trial of the service.

In addition, if you decide you are digging the Luna experience, you can continue playing games through Luna by signing up for $5.99 a month."

Comment

Turtle Beach Enters Gaming Controller Market With “Recon Controller;” Customizable Back Buttons at Standard Controller Price

"Meet the Recon Controller, Turtle Beach’s first-ever gaming controller for Xbox that mixes some of their best audio features with some Elite-like controller functionality like grip support and customizable back buttons — all at a price that won’t break the bank!

As part of their E3 2021 announcements, the Recon Controller is Turtle Beach’s first endeavor into the controller side of gaming. Marketed as a wired controller, the Recon has a number of neat little features, including some of their own patented technology, such as Super Human Hearing and a full audio mixer. Further, the controller has grip support in the areas that matter, and more exciting it also comes packed with two customizable buttons that are located on the backside of the controller.

“We’re putting the same expertise and energy that’s made us the best-selling gaming headset maker for the past decade-plus into creating controllers and simulation hardware that benefits gamers with a better experience as we continue expanding our business to deliver on our long-term growth objectives,” said Juergen Stark, Chairman and CEO, Turtle Beach Corporation. These two new accessory segments add another $1 billion of global addressable market, with third-party gamepad controllers at roughly $600 million, and PC/console flight simulation hardware adding roughly $400 million in global market. Both of these markets are growing rapidly, and our entrance with these first products will be the start of an expanding portfolio into other adjacent PC simulation hardware categories.”

Stark continues,

“The Recon Controller lets gamers connect any wired 3.5mm gaming headset and provides exclusive Turtle Beach audio technology like our custom-tuned audio presets, and Superhuman Hearing™ which is our patented audio setting that helps you hear enemy players before they hear you, among other features. The Recon Controller is sleek, feels great in your hands, and is the perfect companion to the millions of Turtle Beach headsets being used by our fans playing on Xbox.”"
                      Last edited by QualityChimp; 15-06-2021, 10:10. Reason: Link added

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                        Amazon’s game streaming platform, Luna, will be available to Prime members on June 21 and 22
                        Want to try out Amazon’s game streaming platform? Here’s your chance

" CommentsAmazon is the latest major company to explore the world of game streaming. Luna, which it first unveiled last year has only been available to those that requested early access (or for those that signed up through a Fire TV device).

Now, however, Amazon is giving more people the chance to try its game streaming service later in June. On June 21 and 22, Prime members can sign up for a free seven-day trial of the service.

In addition, if you decide you are digging the Luna experience, you can continue playing games through Luna by signing up for $5.99 a month."
                        I'll give this a go. I have 345megabits per second up and down and a ping of 5 milliseconds. If it doesn't work for me then it literally doesn't work full stop IMO. </showoff>

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                          I'll give this a go. I have 345megabits per second up and down and a ping of 5 milliseconds. If it doesn't work for me then it literally doesn't work full stop IMO. </showoff>
                          Awaiting your First Play thread OP with baited.

Comment

Datamining of the PSN Store revealed an entry of Demon's Souls remake for the PS4. Let the speculation begin!

Comment

Datamining of the PSN Store revealed an entry of Demon's Souls remake for the PS4. Let the speculation begin!
                              Coo! Me first! I'll begin by speculating that there is PS4 version of the remake incoming! Call me Nostradamus.

Comment

Oh my god! You mean that PS5 exclusive I played isn't just on the PS5?! I'm going to lose my ****... Again.

On a more honest note, I'm made of questions...
                                1: Was the ps4 version already in the works?
                                2: If not, does this mean that some PS5 exclusive games can be demastered to run on the ps4?

Comment

Working...
                                X