Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What real life scenario reminds you of a classic retro game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What real life scenario reminds you of a classic retro game?

Have you ever found yourself in a real life situation where you thought it felt like a classic retro game? It may sound like a stupid question but on occasion in everyday life I get that daft buzz. Best examples I can give are -

Flying in to London in darkness always feels like the first stage of one of [MENTION=3542]Team Andromeda[/MENTION]'s faves, Soukygourentai.

Any and every single time I drive through an orange lit tunnel in a sports car I'm immediately transformed to riiiiiiiiiiiiiidge raaaacer!

This may well just be me.

When I clean up my huge mansion full of strange monsters after a huge bender, I’m always reminded of Jet Set Willy.

Comment

This is me packing the car for a family holiday:

Comment

Driving on an unlit motorway with bright cat's eyes always makes me think of this:

Last edited by ZipZap; 29-06-2018, 00:29.

Comment

I visited Hout Bay earlier this year, which was *straight* out of an arcade racer.

No, that's not me in the rear view mirror

(also, flying into London at night for me is a mashup of the flight sim test thing from The Krypton Factor and the Eastenders intro)

Comment

When I was at Pismo Beach I took this picture and it reminded my of, well, I’m sure you can all guess which high score table:

Comment

Operation Wolf! Classic!

Comment

Digging up this great thread!

Christmas + Snow = Shenmue for me.

Comment

This automatically plays in my head whenever I see a countdown at traffic lights.

Comment

Wasp nest at back of girlfriend’s house means that sometimes a visit to the bathroom reminds me of Phoenix if a bunch of them have made their way in!

Comment

Every time I see an empty car transporter, I want to do a car jump off it.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post

Any and every single time I drive through an orange lit tunnel in a sports car I'm immediately transformed to riiiiiiiiiiiiiidge raaaacer!
                        I hope you have 'Speedster' playing as you powerslide out of the tunnel.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                          Every time I see an empty car transporter, I want to do a car jump off it.

I came up behind a pickup truck the other day that hand a single plank of wood going up the back and over the cab, I totally wanted to jump it.
                          Unfortunately I was in L.A. in a hire car, I don't think my travel insurance or rental car insurance would have fully covered that

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                            I came up behind a pickup truck the other day that hand a single plank of wood going up the back and over the cab, I totally wanted to jump it.
                            Unfortunately I was in L.A. in a hire car, I don't think my travel insurance or rental car insurance would have fully covered that
                            Ha ha ha!
                            "Well, officer, I'd seen it in American movies so many times, I thought it was the law to do a jump!"

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                              Assuming you're on holiday, and assuming you're doing Highway One, that reminded me of Outrun. Yes, I know Outrun is based in Europe, and no, I wasn't driving a Ferrari Testarossa (it was a red Camaro, soft top), but still, it felt like Outrun to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X