Grand Theft Auto VI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grand Theft Auto VI

Nah, of course it's still probably half a decade and a generation away but that didn't stop there being a tizz amongst fans yesterday when players of GTA Online started to receive in game pop up messages informing them that the next entry would release sometime in 2019.

Rockstar, however, were quick to confirm it was the work of hackers.

So, back to waiting.

I'm going to say 2025 for this.

Comment

Given the franchise has always knocked around the same cities I imagine there's only two ways GTAVI can shake out:

Scenario 1 - With two generations of hardware advancement behind it, the game resets the GTA universe for the fourth time and is set in Liberty City with an insane level of indoor and vertical detail etc.

Scenario 2 - The game continues from the last two entries world building and takes us to the last unreturned location, Vice City. Set in the dying days of the 80's so as to give them the full catalogue of cars and music to choose from, it expands on the old game with marshland, docks and bays.

I can picture the latter too easily.

Comment

GTA London or GTA Chintown?

Comment

Totally in for GTA Chintown

Comment

They'll only start when the profits from GTA Online cease. Apparently it's making money hand over fist.

Comment

I read a good point the other day about GTAV. It's not just the microtransactions, which I'm always guilty of mentioning (rumoured to be c.$1billion a year), but also the game sales which continue to sell very well. In 2017 they sold 15m units. So basically there is no incentive to release a sequel.

Maybe 6 is a late generational release again that spans two different generations of machines, although backwards compatibility might make that a moot strategy. Either ways I guess there has been nothing to suggest when it might be coming yet.

Comment

Can't believe how slack Saint's Row has been on capitalising on the sheer void Rockstar have left them

Comment

Saints row took a slight detour with Agents of Mayhem, which I am yet to play, but have noticed it’s lacks of favourable reviews.

I’m still hopeful Saints row with revive itself and not go too far out there in its over the top super hero / villain powers.

Going back to GTA, I can see them releasing the next cannon sequel In the current generation, to milk every last bit of sales before the next generation of consoles drop.

I still think there is more opportunities to be seen from the current platform - no idea what though...

Comment

I’d like to see a current gen update of 4 to be honest before a brand new all new installment.

Ramp the detail right up, 60fps, a real good make over.

Still my favourite gta.
                    Last edited by fishbowlhead; 05-07-2018, 09:31.

Comment

The idea of revisiting GTA4 now slightly sends a shiver down my spine, I felt GTA5 showed the scale of misstep IV was.

Comment

I fully expect GTA 6 to be shown off at the end of the year or early in 2019 and for it blow everyone and all other games (of its type) away.

Comment

Yeah, IV is the worst entry, although I really enjoyed it on release. The graphics were incredible to me at the time.

In hindsight the game has had a lot of issues, not least its uninteresting characters and storyline, maritime style handling of cars and having to play darts with your effing cousin so he doesn't get upset.

The Ballad of Gay Tony was brilliant though, that was how the whole game should have been.

My assumption had become that VI would come at the end of this gen so it could be rereleased a year later on the PS5/XB2, but now I wonder if that will happen. It feels like it's still a good 3 years away at least. Maybe a cross gen release, as I imagine they'll want to access that 75m strong PS4 user base with it.

Comment

My biggest issue with 4 was the driving. It was the one and only GTA game where I'd rather sit in a taxi waiting than actually drive around the city. For a game that has driving as its central mechanic, that's a pretty major problem. The handling coupled with the tight restricted layout just made driving no fun.

Comment

GTA4 was a technical marvel and I feel that carried it a lot at the time, there's still stuff to admire in it but it's a poor relation in many important ways to the GTA3 trilogy and GTA5.

I'm completely of the belief that this gen is done as far as GTA6 is concerned. This and most of next-year are complete no goes for seeing the game as Rockstar won't want to distract from RDR2 in any way and their attempts to get RDR Online off the ground. After that you're deep in next-gen launch territory where it's possible but I imagine Rockstar wouldn't want to be constrained by the current gen tech. Making GTA6 for 2021ish early next gen works well as GTA Online will be in desperate need of replacing by then, RDR2 will be done (or double dipped as a launch game for next gen) and it'd allow Rockstar to milk GTA Online 2 all next gen and then likely into the following gen - their best window at matching or exceeding GTA5's sales.

Comment

Working...
                              X