No announcement yet.

Favourite Quotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched a PBS documentary about Leonardo da Vinci last night. As well as being one of the greatest artists of all time (or the greatest according to many), he was an incredibly talented sculptor, inventor, architect, musician, cartographer, mathematician, engineer, philosopher, anatomist, geologist, author, and botanist. Haha. What an insane list. He was so ahead of his time, so perceptive and intelligent and developed such levels of expertise in so many fields that some have speculated that he may have been a time traveller who returned from the future. I hesitate to entertain that idea personally but his genius is beyond question. Some more quotes from the man:

"As a well spent day brings happy sleep, so life well used brings happy death."

"Art is never finished, only abandoned."

"Learning never exhausts the mind."

"Life without love, is no life at all."

"Why does the eye see more clearly when asleep than the imagination when awake?"
    Genius

"Wisdom is the daughter of experience."

"The noblest pleasure is the joy of understanding."

"Life well spent is long."

"There are three classes of people: those who see, those who see when they are shown, those who do not see."

"Experience does not err; only your judgments err by expecting from her what is not in her power."

"I awoke only to find that the rest of the world was still asleep."

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."
    A truer thing said there never was.

Comment

Great quotes, Zen Monkey. I love Leonardo. But to those who say he was a time traveller from the future: surely he would have brought back the design/prototype of an actually working helicopter instead of that corkscrew one.
      Last edited by Golgo; 12-04-2019, 16:20.

Comment

'Saruman believes it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found it is the small things, everyday deeds which keeps the darkness at bay. Simple acts of kindness and love.' Gandalf.

Comment

Pretty much everyone in Lock stock and two smoking barrels!

Comment

I like this one from Orson Welles:

"Don't give them what you think they want. Give them what they never thought was possible."

Comment

“Everyone has to be on the same page otherwise you don’t get to turn the page. Because somebody gets left behind otherwise and then somebody has lost the page of the story which may be the key to the ending.” - Luke Goss

“I was a rectangle and [Luke] was a rectangle and we made a square that became a fortress.” – Matt Goss​

Comment

"*sniff sniff* Nor, that's definitely dog sh1t like." - fammydodd

Comment

"I'm going to count to three. There will not be a four".

Sage parenting advice from Hans Gruber.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                    "I'm going to count to three. There will not be a four".

Sage parenting advice from Hans Gruber.
                    Is that before you bring out the gatling slipper?

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                      Is that before you bring out the gatling slipper?
                      That's why they call you slippery Pete

Comment

“The more I see of Mankind, the more I prefer my dog.” - Blaise Pascal

Comment

'Smile...Tomorrow will be worse'

Comment

“What the mass media offers is not popular art, but entertainment which is intended to be consumed like food, forgotten, and replaced by a new dish.” - W. H. Auden

Comment

"Some of the quotes posted in this thread are ****" - teddymeow, 2019.

Comment

"Skrrat, skidi-kat-kat" - Big Shaq.

Comment

Working...
                                X