Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

would anyone be interested in a nintendo classic mini thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
    Yeah, that's the one. It uses extended audio - the American version doesn't. It's cool that you can get it working properly using a different core.

Are there any clear guides how to get new games on the NES & SNES - and add cores etc.. Where do you get the box art from?
    I'll include all that info this weekend for you all. But in the meantime if you are looking for box art for any region. Gamefaqs is a suprisingly good resource.

Comment

Originally posted by tokyochojin View Post
      I believe you can also play snes games on it now as it's basically the same hardware (and vice-versa) but yeah you obviously need a controller with more than 2 fire buttons.
      Yeah i heard it was possibl but not quite sure how its done as i never dug deeper but theres a way for it to be made to dual boot, so you get the menu for either the nes or snes not sure if its done by a menu as it boots or by a button combination. The amount of things people have gotten them to do is rather impressive, hell i have even heard people playing ps1/psp games on the thing no idea how good the emulation is though. For the thread im making i'll be just concentrating on the basic stuff and keeping them running their respective games as soon as you start adding a ton of other systems it just becomes another emulation box. Part of the fun for me is just having them dedicated as their own machines.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
        Part of the fun for me is just having them dedicated as their own machines.
        Yeah, there's something nice about having a NES Mini that just has a collection of NES games on it. The same with the SNES. If someone wants an all-in-one box - buy a Raspberry Pi 3 and you're sorted.
        Last edited by Leon Retro; 13-07-2018, 08:56.

Comment

Same for me, once it start's to lose the feeling of being a "Nes" and just a rom box I know I would stop playing. That's why I have the Megadrive (everdrive), Snes and Nes mini set-up.

All about the nostalgia of having that pad in front of the telly.

Comment

i love the fact that when you play disk system games on the famicom you get the system screen and you can watch them load. Thankfully they dont take ages to load in but it's a nice bit of nostalgia, when i was looking for new games i made sure to look at the disk games as well. They are a bit more tricky to get working but most work with the built in emulator. The other problem disks run on the other cores but load less elegantly. Its nice to have super mario bros 2 along with all night nippon super mario bros and also doki doki panic all on the same machine along with the regular 3 mario games.

Not sure if the nes has the disk system image on its emulator or not though. Will need to research this weekend as i write up a guide for all this.

Comment

Good thread!

It's nice and easy to have a multi boot, it's just a case of adding the NES/SNES nand image to your game list just as you would to add another rom, then once you select that 'game' it boots back up as the other console, really slick.

On my SNES mini I've got a NES & Super Famicom on there

Good guide by the creator here if anyone's interested

Tool that allows you to add more games to your NES/SNES Classic Mini. WARNING: hakchi2 is no longer supported. Please use hakchi2 CE. - ClusterM/hakchi2

Comment

So Argos have sent me the Classic Snes instead of a NES. I had already purchased a second NES controller in anticipation and really wanted the form factor of a NES console. Argos have said I can keep it, or return it for a refund (40 pounds on Ebay as it was listed as a refurb NES) so I am a bit undecided on what to do now.

I guess I could multi boot it, and seeing as I have the controller the experience would be 'akin' to having a NES but just kind of wanted to avoid have a rom box.

Comment

Originally posted by tokyochojin View Post
                  so I am a bit undecided on what to do now.
                  I'd send it back. Pay £10 more and get it from Nintendo direct. I did and it was delivered in a couple of days. The extra controller is also only £7.99 from Nintendo.

Comment

Wow, the controllers are much cheaper on there. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Working...
                    X