• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by importaku View Post
    Official nintendo store still has them in stock for retail price
    https://store.nintendo.co.uk/nintend...nt-system.list
    Cheers, but they are unlikely to ship to Holland before Friday. :/

Comment

Reminds me...I STILL haven’t picked up a Super Famicom Classic Mini...should probably get around to it!

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
        Cheers, but they are unlikely to ship to Holland before Friday. :/
        I saw some on eBay for around £50-£60 brand new a couple of weeks ago. You get people selling them as unwanted presents.

Comment

The 3.5mm port on my TV is terrible so I finally got a digital to analog converter with volume control from Aliexpress, so now I can finally enjoy my SNES Classic with headphones. Toslink from TV to converter, then 3.5mm from the converter to my headphones. This together with the wireless controller from 8Bitdo makes for a great experience. Been playing DKC all evening.

My full list of games:

Chrono Trigger
          DKC 1-3
          DoReMi Fantasy
          Earthbound
          Final Fantasy VI
          Go Go Ackman
          GS Mikami
          Illusion of Gaia
          Lufia II
          Magical Pop'n
          Mega Man X
          Secret of Mana
          Super Castlevania IV
          Super Mario RPG
          Super Mario World
          Super Metroid
          The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
          The Ninja Warriors Again
          Wonder Project J
          Yoshi's Island

Trying to stick to ~20 games or I'll never finish any of them! Gonna swap out Go Go Ackman with something else as I can never get past the second stage. I also have Final Fantasy VI with the restoration patch on GBA and Chrono Trigger on DS so I'll get rid of those as well. Any recommendations for my final two or three games?
          Last edited by Nico87; 06-10-2019, 22:21.

Comment

Originally posted by Nico87 View Post
            Been playing DKC all evening.
            Such a fun, uplifting game. It's still a great game in all areas. The underwater music is excellent.

Comment

I like the save system too. They always place the trickier levels shortly prior to a save point in order to make you sweat a little bit. There's nothing quite like getting there with just one life left after burning several.

All those feelings went away with checkpoints and the 'save anywhere' mentality.

Comment

Any recommendations for my final two or three games?
                Going off of your list I'd say Terranigma is sorely missing.

Comment

Now that the dust has settled on the SNES Mini, for me personally, I feel it’s a real testament to the line up that I think there is only one absolute can’t miss classic absent from the list: Chrono Trigger.

But the one game that actually has had me tempted to try this modding thing is SimCity. I haven’t played the original, well, since the SNES days actually. I’d love to play it again.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                    Going off of your list I'd say Terranigma is sorely missing.
                    Yeah, I know. It's a shame that no one has translated the JP version. Not a big fan of 50hz. No idea how well the 60hz patch works. Might as well try it on Terranigma and The Firemen.

Added Ganpuru: Gunman's Proof (lovely game) and Sparkster!
                    Last edited by Nico87; 07-10-2019, 12:25.

Comment

Any recommendations for my final two or three games?
                      Umehara Kawase
                      Ganbare Goemon 2
                      R-Type III

Comment

Just got my OTG cables and added Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete, Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete, English-patched Policenauts and Valkyrie Profile. Got all the other PS1 games I want digitally on PS3 already. I've missed the Lunar games so much, from time to time I still regret selling off my copies and the rest of my PS1 collection.

Comment

Anyone have a good source for Famicom box art?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                            Now that the dust has settled on the SNES Mini, for me personally, I feel it’s a real testament to the line up that I think there is only one absolute can’t miss classic absent from the list: Chrono Trigger. .
                            I agree completely. Whenever I catch sight of my SNES Mini, I get a warm little glow knowing that tiny little box has all my most fondly remembered 16bit Nintendo games in it and I can dust it off for a play through HDMI on modern screens.

It’s a lovely little idea, great implementation and great choice of games.

Still hope they do an N64 version but if they don’t, I feel happy Super Mario World and Super Metroid are a stones throw away distance in a cute little plastic box.

Comment

Yeah, I know. It's a shame that no one has translated the JP version. Not a big fan of 50hz. No idea how well the 60hz patch works. Might as well try it on Terranigma and The Firemen.

Added Ganpuru: Gunman's Proof (lovely game) and Sparkster!
                              No clue about the mini but the 60hz patched work perfectly when using patched ROMs on my sd2snespro on original hardware.
                              3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Anyone have a good source for Famicom box art?
                                There is no single source for good quality box scans but gamefaqs is a good start there are some decent scans for Japanese games, some games i found extremely hard to find a decent scans of. I ended up having to trawl the net in Japan looking for box scans from Japanese stores like surugaya and even pictures of games from yahoo auctions. Some boxes i had to spend ages retouching the images up to remove the janky pixellation artifacts to make them half decent, If you are after a scan of something you can't find let us know as there may be a chance i managed to find one.

Comment

Working...
                                X