No announcement yet.

The Nintendo classic (not so) mini thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been a while since i added many new titles, although i still play the hell out of what is already installed on there. Added on yume penguin monogatari last week and this evening i took the time to hunt down the 2 new famicom games that were in the switch namcot collection as people have managed to extract the roms out that game. A demake of pacman championship edition and a arrange version of Gaplus, another game that never saw a real release on the famicom as far as i'm aware. Wasn't easy to track the roms down but eventually i found them getting decent quality box art for the games wasn't that easy either but after an hour of messing around managed to get them added in and they both play perfectly on the mini seems M2 did a great job of keeping them behaving like real famicom games however the default built in emulator will not be able to play pacman as it uses Namcos special sound chip so you'll have to use one of the external cores i use the nestopia core as it works with pretty much everything. Gaplus seems to install with no error but i put that one through nestopia core just to be safe.

I can share the box art but there's no way i can link the roms you'll have to pm for info on that.

It's a very cool demake and plays brilliantly the sound is pretty awesome too not many famicom games sound like that, gets lightning fast rather quickly but the mini holds up like a champ the controls are super responsive.

After discovering Gaplus on the PS1 namco museum vol 2 disk i have taken a liking to it i like it a lot more than galaga and galaxian but galaga 88 is still safe as that is the best. Love the mechanic of capturing masses of enemies and having them bolt on to boost your firepower if you get a load you become a death machine lol.
    Last edited by importaku; 30-08-2020, 23:03.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
      but galaga 88 is still safe as that is the best. .
      Galaga 88 is such a great game. And Cosmo Gang the Video on the SFC is also really nice.

I'll try to put that Pac-Man game on my Mini.

Comment

Surprisingly, these are available again on the NIntendo UK Store at their original £70 RRP.

Comment

Anyone had issues getting PSP games to appear in the menu? I think something is wrong with my synching.

Comment

Really hope the PC Engine mini gets hacked at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
              Really hope the PC Engine mini gets hacked at some point.
              Been a while since release I know it’s been hacked as it was posted about, but there’s no reset on the system so it’s difficult to put into FEL mode to enable flashing
              think this might be the only thing stopping it

Comment

I have just picked up the Famicon Mini and had not realised that the controllers themselves are also smaller than the originals. Which makes perfect sense as they are made to fit on the side of the console. I have seen pictures of one numerous times and never given this any thought. I guess it makes it feel more like a toy than something I might spend a lot of time playing. It will look nice on my shelf though.

Comment

Hacked my SNES classic and added all my physical games to it. Nothing I don't own.

I did it because I'm recovering from surgery and I cannot look after myself so have nothing to do at my girlfriend's house when she's working.

Comment

Just modded my SNES mini and whacked on most of the SNES library, after filtering through to find all of the key titles. Most of them went on without warnings.

Just wanted to ask - has anyone here tried using Hakchi's options to install non-SNES titles, like Megadrive, NeoGeo? What are the results like?

Kinda didn't mind doing the SNES Hakchi stuff because I'd seen a unit in action, and been told how easy it was (I had a few connection woes, but afterwards it was smooth sailing, all done in under 2 hours including selecting the games), but I'm not sure I'll bother if the other platforms aren't as simple (probs just nab a Pi and do that, if it's more involved).

Comment

I've put MD games on mine and it's as straightforward as putting SNES roms on there. No problems at all really.

Comment

Working...
                      X