User Tag List

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    That actually looks like fun, we’ll i know what I’m playing this evening. Cheers for the recommendation Leon.

Quote Originally Posted by importaku View Post
    That actually looks like fun, we’ll i know what I’m playing this evening. Cheers for the recommendation Leon.
    It's such a gem of a game --- I will be playing it a lot this week. I might up my rating from 8/10.

Combined NES and SNES classic mini worldwide sales are now estimated to be at 10 million.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...0_million_mark

Imagine how many more that figure might have been if Nintendo hadn't been so insistent on deliberately d1cking around with the NES mini production line in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
    Combined NES and SNES classic mini worldwide sales are now estimated to be at 10 million.

I always knew that a retro sort of console from Nintendo could be a big thing. When I talked about my dream of Nintendo making a Mini SNES years before they announced one, it was because I recognised that retro gaming was a big thing and a respected company like Nintendo should take advantage of the interest.

So, I still think something like a SNES Mini - but with the ability to buy new 16-bit style games for it - could really appeal to millions of gamers. There's definitely quite a large market for retro-style games that offer charming graphics and pick-up-and-play experiences.

I'd definitely buy something like a SNES Mini that offers brand new 16-bit style games from all sorts of interesting developers. I don't think my idea would be seen as so crazy now that the NES & SNES Minis have sold 10+ million.

Maybe just a console that is focused on retro style experiences would be ideal -- you wouldn't have to worry about the hardware if the games were guaranteed to offer retro 8/16-bit sort of experiences. It would be all about the games feeling retro next to all the modern blockbusters. A console that's a home for more old school gaming.
    Last edited by Leon Retro; 31-10-2018 at 09:01 AM.