Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to import Switch games these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to import Switch games these days?

Topic title. Haven't imported anything in yonks and the Okami HD physical release and new Taiko no Tatsujin game have got me interested. I know play-Asia is usually the most expensive, and Amazon Japan seems to charge a LOT for shipping. Are there any better options I'm not aware of?

AmiAmi, Nin Nin, in addition to those you mentioned.

Comment

Shipping from Amazon isn’t that expensive considering they use DHL and you get your item in 3-5 days. I just pre-ordered Okami HD and shipping was £6.40. It looks expensive because you pay for all the import fees at checkout.

I realize that a lot of people are used to free domestic shipping so £6.40 is a lot, but shipping costs from the other stores are basically the same, it just takes longer.
      Last edited by Nico87; 16-07-2018, 11:15.

Comment

Originally posted by Nico87 View Post
        Shipping from Amazon isn’t that expensive considering they use DHL and you get your item in 3-5 days. I just pre-ordered Okami HD and shipping was £6.40. It looks expensive because you pay for all the import fees at checkout.

I realize that a lot of people are used to free domestic shipping so £6.40 is a lot, but shipping costs from the other stores are basically the same, it just takes longer.
        Is Okami in english or Japanese only?

Comment

According to here, English, although they don't sound too sure.

Comment

Comment

Japanese, English, French and German.

Comment

Nice, thats okami jpn preordered then

Comment

Aye, and Taiko no Tatsujin is getting an English patch on August 9 for those who didn’t know. Definitely getting that one as well.

Comment

Is JP Switch BlazBlue in English, Kryss?

Comment

Originally posted by Marius View Post
                      People on Reddit who imported the game say yes

Comment

Originally posted by Marius View Post

Japanese, English, Korean and Chinese.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Curious how much okami is in uk compared to the physical version in japan costing £17.

Comment

Thanks for the help, all!

Originally posted by Nico87 View Post

Where are you shipping to? Postage to the UK is coming up for me as 1876 yen, so about £12.50, before import tax.

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                              Curious how much okami is in uk compared to the physical version in japan costing £17.
                              £15.99 on the Switch eShop. Which is actually pretty decent compared to the sorts of prices other Switch ports have been commanding - it's only by comparison to the physical copy it looks less so.

Comment

Working...
                              X