Deadwood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deadwood

It’s official, HBO has given the green light for its “Deadwood” movie with shooting aiming to begin in October for a Spring 2019 airing. HBO programming president Casey Bloys made the announcement at the TCA summer press tour on Wednesday, saying: “All of these people worked hard to get this together. Its been a logistics […]

After years of talk, HBO has officially announced that the Deadwood TV Movie is official.

Filming will start in October on the film which is aimed to air sometime first half next year, the movie will continue and end the storyline of the three season long series that ended 12 years ago.

HBO Films has announced the official start of production in Los Angeles on the “Deadwood” telemovie which continues the story begun in David Milch’s critically acclaimed, Emmy-winning HBO series which ran from 2004-2006. In the Deadwood film, the characters of the series are reunited after ten years to celebrate South Dakota’s statehood. Former rivalries are […]

Filming has officially begun

Comment

I don't know why they're doing it but I'm glad they are.

Comment

Hopefully to finish the story which was cut off at the knees when the show was cancelled at season 3 before it had completed.

Comment

Yes, I get that Marty ... but it's the U-turn from the very people who cancelled it at its peak that I can't get my head around. I'm a big fan of the show but I accepted that three brilliant seasons without a conclusion wasn't actually the worst thing ever. This is going to cost HBO a fortune to make and after 12 years it's a huge gamble that anyone (other than real, die hard fans) is still bothered. My point was I'm happy it's happening but I can't believe it's happening. It's like Shenmue 3 with Uncharted 4's budget.
          Last edited by Atticus; 06-11-2018, 10:05.

Comment

They probably didn't want Netflix picking it up

Comment

HBO used its Television Critics Association press tour event to announce a bunch of premiere dates for new and returning series starting with “Veep” returning on March 31st for its seventh and final season. HBO President of Programming Casey Bloys says the “Deadwood” telemovie could air as early as this Spring in the United States […]

HBO has revealed that whilst no set date is in place, they're hoping to air the Deadwood movie before the end of May 2019

Comment

Airs 31 May 2019

Comment

Can't wait

Comment

Yeah, super excited now

Comment

Just a month ahead of the release of the “Deadwood” movie, series creator David Milch has revealed in a touching interview with Vulture that he’s been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s. Milch said he started to notice signs of the disease several years ago, but didn’t immediately go in for the diagnosis. A short temper, the inability […]

Deadwood creator David Milch has announced he's been diagnosed with Alzheimers.

Comment

Working...
                      X