It should have been ported.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
    so clearly Capcom were reading this thread!

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
    Would like to have seen a PC Engine version of Rolling Thunder as Namco bunged a load of arcade hits on it early doors.
    Yeah, it would have been perfect for the PCE. What a shame.

Comment

Battle Circuit (and Armored Warriors) will be getting first-time-ever home ports as part of the upcoming Capcom Beat-'em-up Bundle for Nintendo Switch, so clearly Capcom were reading this thread!
      I was wondering if somehow they were going to pull AvP out of the hat. Still, the set they've gone with is great, and it's only going to be $20 (no idea of UK price yet), so I'll be buying that at launch.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
        I was wondering if somehow they were going to pull AvP out of the hat.

Comment

I was wondering if somehow they were going to pull AvP out of the hat.
          You thought that the modern Capcom were going to spend the time and money needed to reacquire the licensing rights to make porting AvP possible?

I'll have some of whatever you're taking!

Comment

You thought that the modern Capcom were going to spend the time and money needed to reacquire the licensing rights to make porting AvP possible?

I'll have some of whatever you're taking!
            Nope, I would've been very surprised. There was just a glimmer of hope.

Modern gaming surprises me sometimes. Like when there was that Xbox 360 version of Guardian Heroes.

Comment

Modern gaming surprises me sometimes. Like when there was that Xbox 360 version of Guardian Heroes.
              Yeah, that was a surprise. The Simpsons arcade game was also ported to the 360, so it could make you think there was at least a slim chance AvP might get ported by Capcom at some point. I really doubt we'll ever see it ported - especially so late in the day.

Comment

Nope, I would've been very surprised. There was just a glimmer of hope.
                Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                The Simpsons arcade game was also ported to the 360, so it could make you think there was at least a slim chance AvP might get ported by Capcom at some point.
                There really, really wasn't ever a glimmer of hope or a slim chance. Go and actually find out how complex the licensing rights for AvP are.
                Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 14-09-2018, 23:59.

Comment

Go and actually find out how complex the licensing rights for AvP are.
                  I said "it could make you think there was a slim chance", but of course there wasn't. I was just saying that some people might have got their hopes up. The same thoughts and feelings must have arose with Capcom's new arcade collection on the Switch, but it wasn't even a possibility we'd see AvP. I would tell people to forget about seeing Capcom's AvP ported to any system, because it never will be.

Comment

Working...
                  X