New old games thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
    Do people still fund these after what the Paprium guys did?

Comment

Tänzer for the Megadrive...

Hack & Slash your way through 40+ levels of arcade brutality. From the Old West to Ancient Rome, challenge yourself through the fast-paced pixels Tanzer has to offer. Become the last survivor of an interstellar plague while you crush enemies, grab loot, and transform with transmutational powers. Region Free: Plays
      Last edited by _SD_; 04-08-2019, 03:08.

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
        Tänzer for the Megadrive...
        Looks OK. The graphics remind me of Another World. I like the fast-paced, precise action.

The audio sounds a bit dodgy though. The music is pumping but the scratchy sound effects spoil things. Definitely needs polishing.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
          Looks OK. The graphics remind me of Another World. I like the fast-paced, precise action.

The audio sounds a bit dodgy though. The music is pumping but the scratchy sound effects spoil things. Definitely needs polishing.
          I’m half tempted by Tanzer. To me it looks like a dodgy Amiga game - great technically but very shallow and with an odd art design, like cardboard cut-outs, but it seems to get a lot of love on the Sega 16 forums. The animation looks abysmal, and quite frankly it just doesn’t look up to the quality of Pier Solar, Tanglewood and Xeno Crisis which, to me, look, sound and play like commercial titles.
          Last edited by samanosuke; 07-08-2019, 10:52.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
              Can’t believe that’s running on a 1MB A500. Much respect due.

Comment

Amiga Bill was playing this yesterday on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/474079356

Looks super impressive, imagine if that was released in the Amiga's heyday.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                  That looks strangely familiar somehow... but I can’t quite put my finger, or indeed my bare knuckles, on it

Comment

DOOM 2016 has been recreated in the DOOM 2 engine.

DOOM 4 VANILLA

I'm looking forward to playing through this.

------------------------------------------------------------------[V2.0] [v2.1] [v2.2] [v2.3] [V2.4] [V.2.5] [V.2.5.9] [V3.0] [V3.1] [V3.2] [V3.2.1] NEW ------------------------------------------------------------------ DOOM 4 VANILLA aka Doom 2016 the Way 1993 Did It After almost two years, Im ...

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post

Looks super impressive, imagine if that was released in the Amiga's heyday.
                      Looks like a scrolling beat 'em up version of Body Blows. I like how it has music and sfx, which is something the port of Final Fight didn't manage. I think it looks pretty good, but nothing overly special.

Comment

A new RPG is coming to the Mega Drive some time in 2024. Here’s the Kickstarter campaign if anyone is interested:

I’ve backed the standard CIB reward and very much looking forward to it.

Comment

メガドライブの傑作シューティング「スラップファイトMD」の続編登場!! サウンドは「あの人」も含めて最大8人参加予定!? それは、2019年10月にマインドウェア代表・市川幹人氏のTwitterで、突然しれっと発表された。 TATSUJINさんにて、スラップファイトや、究極タイガーの原作者、弓削社長と打ち合わせ。充実の打ち合わせが出来ました。スラップファイト3671をリリース出来るように、頑張りますよ。 pic.twitter.com/B1wyGulWsW — MickyAlbert (@MickyAlbert) October 17, 2019 この「スラップファイト36

Slapfight 2, anyone? Perhaps a Japanese speaker here might be kind enough to summarise for the rest of us?

Comment

I believe it’s a sequel to the MD version of Slap Fight called Slap Fight 3671. Some of the original developers are involved too like Ichikawa Mikito and Yuzo Koshiro. Sounds promising.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                              I believe it’s a sequel to the MD version of Slap Fight called Slap Fight 3671. Some of the original developers are involved too like Ichikawa Mikito and Yuzo Koshiro. Sounds promising.
                              In addition. It also mentions there are 8 people involved and that the game will be crowd funded.

Comment

If they fancy reprinting the first one while they're at it I wouldn't complain.

Comment

Working...
                                X