The Star Trek Cinematic Universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asura View Post
    Saw the news - new season of Discovery isn't going to be on Netfix in the UK.

It starts next week in the USA on Paramount+, and won't be available here until Paramount+ launches in Europe at some unspecified future time.

Well... I mean we know what happened with Game of Thrones
    I just read that too. It's just dum.

Also of intrest, Paramount+ has already launched in Finland but... Paramount+ of Finland currently has only 2 of the Abrams Trek films, nothing else Star Trek. And not only did Paramount+ start in Finland (and Sweden, Norway and Denmark) in March 2021, in 2022 SkyShowTime will replace Paramount+ in the nordic countries. 0_0

Comment

Saw the news - new season of Discovery isn't going to be on Netfix in the UK.

It starts next week in the USA on Paramount+, and won't be available here until Paramount+ launches in Europe at some unspecified future time.

Well... I mean we know what happened with Game of Thrones
      Well this is absolutely crap.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
        Well this is absolutely crap.
        It's fine, I'm sure nearly everyone who wants to watch it is still going to.

Comment

I mean, this is where we're hitting the point we all talked about a long while back. Everyone and their mother wants 100% of the financial intake so is setting up their own streaming service. Increasingly you'll need about a dozen subscriptions to watch the content you like and it'll become unsustainable

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
            I mean, this is where we're hitting the point we all talked about a long while back. Everyone and their mother wants 100% of the financial intake so is setting up their own streaming service. Increasingly you'll need about a dozen subscriptions to watch the content you like and it'll become unsustainable
            Which will drive up pirates again, just like the old days of cable TV in the US.

Comment

Yep, it's a bit like how the streaming services are opting for not releasing a lot of their content on physical media too in order to drive subscriptions. Locking in that the only way to watch MCU shows is to maintain your Disney+ sub etc but fans want to have things like complete owned collections etc so the only way to have any form of secure permanently copy would be...

Comment

I'm getting more and more tempted to build one of those NAS systems with your own media streamer, so you can basically rip all your DVDs and build your own in-house Netflix. At least that way nothing can ever get taken off.
                I can recommend Unraid.

I thought Discovery had gotten better, quite liked Season 3 but zero chance of me subscribing to yet another streaming service.

All this splitting up of content is a step backwards towards increased piracy.

Comment

Amazon just removed Buffy The Vampire Slayer from Prime; You have to pay for it separately now. This TV show is a kind of security blanket for my daughter so it's a good job I bought the DVD Boxset a few years back and ripped them to a NAS.

This sort of thing makes you realise the price we're paying for digital content. No, you will not play the GTA trilogy as it was intended; give us £55 for this steaming turd and play it this way. No, you won't watch Buffy in the correct 4:3 ratio; we've made it widescreen for you! No, you can't download MG2 or MGS3 because there's a little bit of copyrighted video footage in them.

We NEED physical media and or piracy.

I currently pay about £45 a month for streaming tv/movies/music. Every month. And I don't own any of it.

Comment

Star Trek: Discovery Season 04 will debut tomorrow night in the UK via the free to view service PlutoTV

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                      https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainm...rtan-dhp-feeds
                      Star Trek: Discovery Season 04 will debut tomorrow night in the UK via the free to view service PlutoTV
                      I saw an advert for them last week on the side of a bus, funnily enough. Will need to check if they have a GoogleTV app.

Comment

Paramount+ has announced that the fourth season of “Star Trek: Discovery” is set to take a break. The season’s seventh episode will air on December 30th, then it will take a few weeks off and return with its second half on February 10th with six episodes to run through to March 17th. The delay is […]

Paramount has delayed the second half of Star Trek: Discovery Season 04 till 10 February likely resulting in all the other shows airings being delayed also

Comment

With it not being on Netflix here, I had kind of forgotten it existed.

Comment

Filming has been halted on the third season of “Star Trek: Picard” following a sizable COVID-19 outbreak. The series employs one of TV’s biggest crews with more than 450 staffers and on Monday, the first day of work after the Christmas break, more than fifty members reportedly tested positive. The infections are said to have […]

Filming on Star Trek: Picard Season 03 has been suspended after over 50 people tested positive for COVID

Comment

Paramount have announced:

-They have greenlit Star Trek: Discovery Season 05
                              -Star Trek: Picard Season 02 will begin on 3 March 2022
                              -Star Trek: Strange New Worlds Season 01 will begin on 05 May 2022 and has been greenlit for Season 02
                              -Star Trek: Lower Decks Season 03 will air Summer 2022
                              -The third part of Star Trek: Prodigy Season 01 will air later in 2022. The show has been greenlit for Season 02

Comment

Have they announced if any of it is coming to UK-friendly streaming services yet?

Honestly I'm tempted to pirate the lot of it. It's 2022; we're not using PAL TVs anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X