No announcement yet.

The Star Trek Cinematic Universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What’s interesting for me is how easy it is just to leave it behind. I was a bit gutted that Discovery wasn’t on Netflix. Not sure I’ve thought about it once since then until now. TV is a tougher space now. There is so much good stuff to watch. I don’t know if any one show carries the weight for me that Trek would have back in the day of Highlander the series and Renegade. And Forever Knight. Man, I’ve lived through some bad television. Would have given anything for a good Star Trek then. Or even a bad one. Not so much now.

Comment

Paramount are suppose to be launching their own streaming service over here this year and it'll all be on there

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
        What’s interesting for me is how easy it is just to leave it behind. I was a bit gutted that Discovery wasn’t on Netflix. Not sure I’ve thought about it once since then until now. TV is a tougher space now. There is so much good stuff to watch. I don’t know if any one show carries the weight for me that Trek would have back in the day of Highlander the series and Renegade. And Forever Knight. Man, I’ve lived through some bad television. Would have given anything for a good Star Trek then. Or even a bad one. Not so much now.
        This makes me look forward to the new show they're doing. I enjoyed Discovery but being an arc-centric show, I can't just put a random episode on and watch it. It's also very intense making it a bit of an ordeal. I loved watching them the first time but have never rewatched.

Conversely, I often put on an episode of TNG, DS9 or Voyager when I'm tidying up. The more episodic nature of them (even DS9 compared to Disco) supports that type of viewing.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Cor Blimey - a multiverse/split timeline kind of thing. Lot of that about.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                Cor Blimey - a multiverse/split timeline kind of thing. Lot of that about.
                Admittedly nothing new for Trek.

Comment

The currently in production third season of “Star Trek: Picard” will be the show’s last according to both star Patrick Stewart and show producer Akiva Goldsman whilst speaking with SFX Magazine (via Slashfilm). The currently 81-year-old Stewart will reportedly retire the character at the end of the third season with Goldsman and Stewart indicating the […]

Previously reported but now confirmed that Star Trek: Picard Season 03 will be the final season and where Stewart bows out

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                    https://www.darkhorizons.com/star-tr...with-season-3/
                    Previously reported but now confirmed that Star Trek: Picard Season 03 will be the final season and where Stewart bows out
                    <Anakin/Padme meme>
                    So that's the final season, right?
                    Right?

Comment

Paramount+ is planning yet another “Star Trek” spin-off series with “Star Trek: Starfleet Academy” reportedly in development from CBS Studios and Secret Hideout according to Deadline. The series will be set among the college of cadets mentored for leadership roles in Starfleet and the United Federation of Planets. “Absentia” co-creator Gaia Violo is said to […]

Apparently Star Trek: Starfleet Academy will soon be pitched to Paramount and a final decision made on whether to head into production on it next year. The set up of the show will be following cadets who are being mentored for leadership roles within Starfleet.

Rumour has it that Star Trek: Section 31 is also back on the cards and the Michelle Yeoh led series will move forward soon.

Won't lie, I've never understood why the powers that be have circled Starfleet Academy as an idea for decades. Always has and still does sound like the dullest concept for Star Trek ever.

Also, first art for Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                        Won't lie, I've never understood why the powers that be have circled Starfleet Academy as an idea for decades. Always has and still does sound like the dullest concept for Star Trek ever.
                        I don't agree. Back when I was a teenager when they floated the idea (they've had several cracks at the whip on this) I was really looking forward to it.

From the business side, Starfleet Academy could be a license to print money. If I was pitching it, I'd focus heavily on how the Trek franchise has its "divisions" - Command, Science and Operations - with the sub-divisions like Tactical, Engineering, Medicine. Part of the reason Harry Potter and Game of Thrones were a merchandise behemoth were that Potter has the "school houses" and Thrones has its "great houses" - people could "be" a Gryffindor, a Targaryen, etc. through buying shirts and mugs and loads of other crap. This idea has never been fully realised for Trek and I think Starfleet Academy is the way to do it; in effect, it's a show about young people going away to a boarding school/university where wonderous things can happen. That's a pretty classic setup for this stuff.

From the entertainment side, you'd have to focus on more interpersonal stories. But aimed at younger age group, I think there's a chance for something else - you could make it positive, and influential. Give kids something to aspire to. The difficulty will be creating drama without going full-on melodrama, but then they've got more time to explore the idea than I have here.

Mainly just after decades of talking about it, I'm also in a "**** or get off the pot" attitude.

Comment

It would make my day if the merchandising involved Kids t-shirts in olive that said 'When I Grow Up I Want To Be Miles O'Brien'

Comment

It's looking like a lock in - the next Star Trek film will indeed be Star Trek XIV bringing back the Kelvin Timeline Enterprise crew led by Chris Pine

It's still set for Xmas 2023 meaning this will likely start moving soon

Comment

STAR TREK 4 was unexpectedly announced last week, confirming that the final frontier would continue expanding. However, Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto and the rest of the crew were completely unaware of this fourth instalment. It comes after one of the actors threw doubt on it even happening, and another has since died unexpectedly.

Paramount might have been happy to announce the Kelvin crew would be back for the imminent Star Trek XIV but apparently someone forgot to tell... the cast

Comment

I just spotted that the first ep of the new season of Picard is on Amazon Prime today. After Discovery getting moved off Netflix and them holding back for their own streaming service, I had assumed the same would probably happen with Picard and Amazon. So it's nice to see that hasn't happened.

Comment

Working...
                                X