The Star Trek Cinematic Universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
    Had a look and Paramount is keeping it low key due to wanting to keep Paramount+ central in focus but a couple of trek sites have reported it's scheduled for disc release in September
    Ah, that's good. Yeah, I figured they weren't going to shout about it because they want subscribers but I'd love to get this.

Comment

https://www.darkhorizons.com/discove...race-old-trek/
      Star Trek: Discovery Season 05 will steer the show to be more closer to classic Trek in tone and themes
      Honestly, really liked the show but since its been yanked from Netflix its dead to me. Shame.

Comment

Will be interested to watch that version of the first movie; I wonder if it's shorter? Or longer, even. The original movie is a little bit padded out.

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
        Honestly, really liked the show but since its been yanked from Netflix its dead to me. Shame.
        Ditto. Doesn't exist as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
          Will be interested to watch that version of the first movie; I wonder if it's shorter? Or longer, even. The original movie is a little bit padded out.
          I think this is a direct recreation of the Director's Cut that came out around 20 years ago, which was only made for SD at the time. If so, it runs four minutes longer, I think.

Comment

Comment

I'm watching Picard. It is wandering all over the place. I swing wildly from thinking it's fantastic to terrible and back again in a few minutes.

Comment

A perfect summary. I accasionally think to abandon it and then suddenly I'm back in. I like Agnes. She's had the best line so far:

You'll find it in the folder titled, **** I stole from the Borg Queen

Comment

Yep, she is the most interesting character of the bunch at the moment.

This crew, like every other Star Trek crew, is really, really terrible at not interfering with time.

Comment

If you want to stay clear of spoilers don't click play but weirdly we already have a trailer for Star Trek: Picard Season 03

Comment

The announcement of a fourth film in the Abrams-era “Star Trek” film franchise during a Paramount+ investor day presentation earlier this year caught many by surprise, including the cast. The various actors involved like Chris Pine and Karl Urban subsequently indicated they were in talks to return but deals weren’t signed and none of them […]

Chris Pine says if he had things his way the films would abandon any notions of chasing Marvel style box office results and return to smaller budgeted, more focused stories that please the core audience first and foremost

Comment

Seems like a weird thing to make a trailer for season 3 of Picard while the 2nd is still playing out.

Comment

Something that amazes me: That we now live in a world where Star Trek operates on two timelines, spanning a period of over 800 years canon, with multiple shows, a film series, two animated series, one of the live action series led by a franchise star in his 80's, two Spocks, two Kirks soon, two Enterprises currently in new content etc

And yet nowhere, at no point across the content both telling new character stories and the content focused on or just reference past incarnations are any of the still living original cast used including the most famous one of them all - the one who only months ago actually went to space

Comment

Last Picard episode was weak.

Comment

Yep. It was.

Comment

And yet nowhere, at no point across the content both telling new character stories and the content focused on or just reference past incarnations are any of the still living original cast used including the most famous one of them all - the one who only months ago actually went to space
                                Admittedly, several of them have died (Scotty, McCoy and Spock). Then Shatner remains but isn't he supposed to be very difficult to work with?

George Takei has said many times that he finds Shatner to be an egomaniac and very challenging to be around. From googling, it looks like Walter Koenig has said the same thing. Even Nimoy had some sort of friendship with him, but they parted ways in the year before his death and Shatner didn't attend his funeral.

I've never met the guy; but something worth considering is the character played by Tim Allen in Galaxy Quest, and just how right that movie got many aspects of Trek culture and fandom, made by people are part of the Hollywood bubble - and it's a known thing that Shatner dislikes the movie and says he can't see himself in the character.

I do think it's a shame that Takei isn't in more stuff, as I always find him a fun personality when he shows up on TV; but maybe he's just not motivated to do so.

Comment

Working...
                                X