The Star Trek Cinematic Universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wakka View Post
    Well, hold on, except for Nichelle Nichols! She’s dreadful! When she’s not delivering a line in the films she just sort of stared vacantly, waiting for her cue.
    Well you’re kind of illustrating another difference here. The originals are anchored entirely by three actors: Shatner, Nimoy and Kelley. The rest of the cast are very much secondary. By contrast, Next Gen went for a much more even ensemble cast. Picard and Data tended to dominate the movies (luckily Stewart is brilliant) and yet even then the rest of the cast often had to do more heavy lifting than most of the cast of the original series. They didn’t have that strong anchor cast.

Comment

New trailer for Star Trek: Picard:

You'll need a proxy to run it but here's a trailer for Star Trek: Discovery Season 03 as well

Comment

They both look great, although the lack of Pike will hit Discovery I reckon. I’m very hyped for Picard. That show has a huge amount of potential.

Comment

Definitely want to see Picard. Its good to see the old cast again...and Seven-of-Nine. I thought she died at the end of Voyager as part of all the time travel shenanigans.

Comment

Got to admit, my memory of the end of Voyager is very hazy but I thought they all got back in the end after some of that time stuff was fixed. Data was dead at the end of Nemesis but with a creepy hint that he would come back by essentially taking over another android's body.

Comment

Paramount Pictures is reportedly in final talks with “Fargo” and “Legion” creator and showrunner Noah Hawley to write and direct the next “Star Trek” film which he’ll also produce through his 26 Keys production banner alongside J.J. Abrams for Bad Robot. Deadline broke the news, indicating Hawley’s film won’t be a reboot or standalone, rather […]

Noah Hawley, creator of Legion and Fargo, is in talks to direct Star Trek XIV

Comment

Star Trek: Discovery will launch on E4 from 15 December

Comment

Star Trek: Picard Season 02 has been greenlit with Patrick Stewart aiming to complete at least three seasons in total.

The upcoming “Star Trek: Picard” series sees Patrick Stewart revisiting his most iconic character, that of U.S.S. Enterprise Captain Jean-Luc Picard which he played for fifteen years across film and television, and which he is now returning to almost twenty years later. Stewart understandably had reservations about picking up the role again, but as part […]

Stewart says he only agreed to make the show because it isn't Next-Gen Part II, the show will start airing on 23/24 January 2020

The critical and commercial success of “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood” has seemingly taken the pressure of filmmaker Quentin Tarantino who has suggested that his next film, his tenth and final feature as a director, won’t be a big finish but more of a quiet epilogue. Speaking with Consequence of Sound, Tarantino has started […]

Whilst Tarantino seems to be beginning to give up on Star Trek XIV
                  Last edited by Neon Ignition; 17-12-2019, 09:02.

Comment

Really don't know how i feel about Picard but will certainly give it a watch if it comes to Netflix, Amazon, certainly wont pay for another service to watch it.

Discovery season 3 looking forward too big time, been loving that.

Comment

Just over a week before the show debuts, CBS All Access has officially renewed the upcoming “Star Trek: Picard” for a second season. The announcement was made at the Television Critics’ Association press tour today in Pasadena, but the writing was on the wall the other week when the show’s potential second season received $20 […]

Star Trek: Discovery Season 03 won't release until the second half of 2020. Over the weekend there was speculation however that the show has been lined up for a Season 04 renewal. Star Trek: Lower Decks is set for a late 2020 launch also whilst CBS have greenlit Star Trek: Picard Season 02.

“Fargo” and “Legion” series creator and showrunner Noah Hawley confirms that once production has wrapped on the fourth season of “Fargo,” he will switch his focus back to the “Star Trek” film he’s been developing at Paramount Pictures. Speaking with Deadline at the TCA’s this week, Hawley says the aim is to get back to […]

Meanwhile, Hawley says that once he's done with Fargo Season 04 he'll be back on working on his Star Trek film but like Tarantino's effort he also won't be making Star Trek XIV and will instead be making a standalone entry.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                        Star Trek: Discovery Season 03 won't release until the second half of 2020. Over the weekend there was speculation however that the show has been lined up for a Season 04 renewal. Star Trek: Lower Decks is set for a late 2020 launch also whilst CBS have greenlit Star Trek: Picard Season 02.
                        Some interesting stuff to unpack there.

Was anyone expecting Discovery S3 before winter? I had thought back half of the year, though that won't please CBS as they're dying to prop up their terrible streaming service.

Lower Decks is an interesting one; I hadn't heard about it, or if I had, I'd forgotten. There's an episode of TNG with the name "Lower Decks" which I assume has the same premise; a bunch of mid-level crewmembers working on a capital ship. It was a good episode IIRC; I think the premise has legs. That was probably always the intention. Ditto for how a "Starfleet Academy" series rattled around for years but never materialised.

Picard S2 is a good sign; let's see how the first one goes. Only a week or so now.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                          Lower Decks is an interesting one; I hadn't heard about it, or if I had, I'd forgotten.
                          This Lower Decks series is an animated adult comedy.

Comment

In a world of Futurama, Final Space etc they are going to need to absolute nail it with Lower Decks.

Comment

CBS All Access has made it their mission to have multiple “Star Trek” series on their streaming service each year as the anchor for the rest of their line-up. As a result, we have two seasons of “Star Trek: Discovery” out now with a third on the way, the imminent launch of “Star Trek: Picard,” […]

Confirmation that the series showrunners remain keen on the idea of making an Enterprise set Captain Pike era series covering the 8-9 years between The Cage and Kirks command of the ship.

Comment

They'd be nuts not to. He was a massive hit on Discovery. Few things seemed to unite Trek fans like the love for Pike in that show.

Comment

Working...
                                X