No announcement yet.

The Star Trek Cinematic Universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Following his public backing away from it last month, filmmaker Quentin Tarantino has now effectively cemented the fact he won’t be directing a new “Star Trek” film after all – but that doesn’t mean he won’t be involved. The “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood” helmer first pitched an original idea for a new R-rated […]

A Star Trek film won't be Tarantino's 10th film he's confirmed. The film may move ahead with his involvement but you can't help but feel this one's going to get cut loose.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
      Some interesting stuff to unpack there.

Was anyone expecting Discovery S3 before winter? I had thought back half of the year, though that won't please CBS as they're dying to prop up their terrible streaming service.

Lower Decks is an interesting one; I hadn't heard about it, or if I had, I'd forgotten. There's an episode of TNG with the name "Lower Decks" which I assume has the same premise; a bunch of mid-level crewmembers working on a capital ship. It was a good episode IIRC; I think the premise has legs. That was probably always the intention. Ditto for how a "Starfleet Academy" series rattled around for years but never materialised.

Picard S2 is a good sign; let's see how the first one goes. Only a week or so now.
      No season 3 until late in the year?

Poop. That is all.

Comment

With Sir Patrick Stewart’s return as Jean-Luc Picard hitting from tomorrow, the actor has been out doing the publicity circuit for the “Star Trek: Picard” series. One of those visits this week was “The View,” where his old “Star Trek: The Next Generation” co-star Whoopi Goldberg acts as one of the primary hosts. As part […]

Whoopi Goldberg will return as Guinan in Star Trek: Picard Season 02

Comment

First ep of Star Trek Picard was excellent, definitely still the Picard we know and love from TNG.

Comment

Yes one of the best opening episodes. Thank god, hasn't been a good Star Trek show since Voyager.

Comment

Fool! Discovery is excellent.

Comment

Brad is correct.

Comment

Lesbian show.

Comment

First ep of Picard was great! Wonderful to see him back.

Comment

Just watched Picard and thought it was really good. Never seen any Star Trek beyond the original series so presumably certain bits will be lost on me.

Comment

Enjoyed the first episode of Picard myself. Really wish I could binge it, Netflix style.

Comment

Is this the Discovery timeline or next gen timeline?, New Picard show that is.

Watched it Friday, great stuff.

Comment

Next Gen timeline, I guess. It ties into the Abrams movie from the other side, if you know what I mean. So a direct continuation from Next Gen. Where Discovery fits still is a bit of an unknown.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                              Next Gen timeline, I guess. It ties into the Abrams movie from the other side, if you know what I mean. So a direct continuation from Next Gen. Where Discovery fits still is a bit of an unknown.
                              Yeah, Picard is in the "prime" universe, following on from TNG/Voyager/DS9. Bear in mind that it doesn't follow-on from the future as presented in the TNG final episode, "All Good Things" as that just showed a possible future, and many things have happened in the subsequent movies which already invalidate that (the Enterprise-D being destroyed, Geordi getting his sight, Troi married Riker and isn't dead...).

Pretty sure Discovery just sits in the Prime timeline though. It must do, because they've never mentioned the whole Romulan thing (which is kinda unavoidable otherwise) and they've established that Pike's journey will take him to the point where he's mute and in a wheelchair, as he was in the TOS episode in which he appears. The stuff which is inconsistent (the appearance/behaviour of the Klingons, and the general appearance of everything) is just production design; like it's totally visually inconsistent to fit it between Enterprise and TOS but I think they just consciously decided to go in that direction. Personally I'm not the biggest fan of the klingon changes but I love the general look of the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                                Just watched Picard and thought it was really good. Never seen any Star Trek beyond the original series so presumably certain bits will be lost on me.
                                Watched it last night. Fab show and can't wait for the next Ep. I've only liked the original series and the Nextgen, Could never get into the likes of Deep Space 9

Comment

Working...
                                X