User Tag List

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

The Star Trek Cinematic Universe

The Star Trek Cinematic Universe Movie List:
    (In Release Order if Known - Bolded Movies are Released)

01 - Star Trek: The Motion Picture
    02 - Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
    03 - Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
    04 - Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
    05 - Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
    06 - Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
    07 - Star Trek: Generations
    08 - Star Trek: First Contact
    09 - Star Trek: Insurrection
    10 - Star Trek: Nemesis
    11 - Star Trek
    12 - Star Trek: Into Darkness
    13 - Star Trek: Beyond

The Star Trek Movie In Development List:

- Star Trek XIV
    - Star Trek XV

The Star Trek Cinematic Universe Series List:
    (In Release Order if Known - Bolded Series are Ended)

- Star Trek
    - Star Trek: The Animated Series
    - Star Trek: The Next Generation
    - Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
    - Star Trek: Voyager
    - Star Trek: Enterprise

- Star Trek: Discovery (Next: Season 2)
    - Star Trek: Picard (Next: Season 1)
    - Star Trek: Lower Decks (Season 1)
    - Star Trek: Discovery Spin-Off (Season 1)
    - Star Trek: Section 31
    - Star Trek: Nickelodeon
    Last edited by Superman Falls; 15-02-2019 at 07:44 AM.

The Star Trek Cinematic Universe Timeline:
    (As Best Calculated)

HOW IS THIS A CINEMATIC UNIVERSE?! The movies are spun off the TV show. There has been WAAAAAAAAY more TV than movies. It's a TV show. Just a TV show with some movies.

I'll update the timeline later but for now, this will likely be an easier way of tracking ST and whilst it's not strictly considered a CU there's really little difference at this point.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/cbs-plan...r-trek-series/

CBS have spoken on Star Trek following the Picard reveal and stated that they are planning multiple Star Trek series. None will be revivals but they are planning a mixture of one off event series as well as ongoing running shows such as Discovery with the entire timeline open as an option for settings. It's unknown if that stretches to include the Kelvin Timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman Falls View Post
    The Star Trek Cinematic Universe Timeline:
    (As Best Calculated)

Wait the whole original series is only 3 years in real time? Wow they really packed the adventures in, that's one every couple of weeks.

They've not long ago mooted spin-off films as well. I think Paramount (who beyond Mission Impossible are pretty desperate for big hits to avoid being bought out down the line) are thinking they can build Star Trek up into a much bigger brand whilst Star Wars is on a bit of the opposite path as the prestige wears off and Discovery has given them confidence to move fast. Given the post Enterprise state of the franchise it's bizarre to think we could soon have multiple series and film narratives co-existing at once.

I'm going to go over the timeline at some point as I don't think that one is properly correct. I know TOS does only cover 3 years of the 5 year mission due to the shows cancellation though the Animated show covers some ground too and the above chart assumes Enterprise exists on a second timeline making Kelvin a third one but I'm not sure how much that holds up.
    Last edited by Superman Falls; 07-08-2018 at 10:24 AM.

It feels like one of the holes Star Trek dug itself into previously was oversaturation and running TV in conjunction with movies, something which became an issue when they jumped to Next Gen movies because they were so tied into the shows. In a way, that's one thing giving me hope with the Picard show because, even with Discovery people involved (a show I generally enjoyed), they are at opposite ends of the timeline so I'm hoping can feel very independent of each other.

On the movie front, I hated Into Darkness (hate is not a word I use lightly) but really enjoyed the other two and still feel there is more potential in this movie run. And given how old Spock ended up in this timeline, it feels possible we could even bring Stewart's Picard over too and I would love to see that. Pine and Stewart could be a good combo.

Quote Originally Posted by wakka View Post
    Wait the whole original series is only 3 years in real time? Wow they really packed the adventures in, that's one every couple of weeks.
    Well yeah - I mean, the first movie transitions directly into the second one, and then the second and third movies happen pretty much back-to-back. IV then occurs when they're on the way back from the events of III. Then V doesn't happen because we don't talk about V, and VI is pretty quick after that.

Ah OK, I was thinking of the TV series rather than movies. And 5 is a cracker - what does God need with a spaceship, anyway??