No announcement yet.

The Star Trek Cinematic Universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's some good news. A new Star Trek show centred around Pike and Spock on the Enterprise is happening, called Strange New Worlds. I thought they were great in Discovery and really elevated season 2 of the show so I'm really happy to hear they are getting a series: http://blog.trekcore.com/2020/05/cap...ge-new-worlds/

Comment

Following the announcement of the new “Star Trek: Strange New Worlds” series earlier today, more details about the show have emerged via co-creator and executive producer Akiva Goldsman. If there has been one common criticism of the two recent “Star Trek” shows it has been that both ‘Discovery’ and ‘Picard’ have been too dark for […]

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds will be closer to the original series in tone with a lighter focus and greater use of stand alone episodes.

Comment

I'm being totally premature but I think this has the potential to be the best modern Trek. Pike was brilliant in Discovery and I really enjoyed Discovery season 2 but its main negative for me was the difficulty it had balancing continuing plotlines with single episode stories. Pike brought an idealism that played against the darker grittiness of what came out of season 1 of Discovery and I think freeing him from Discovery and adding Spock (who was played quite differently but really well in Discovery) and a new crew and giving us a format that is more like classic Trek and yet with modern production and storytelling could be wonderful.

Comment

Not sure how they're going to fit that in the timeline given Pike spent all his time on Discovery whilst Enterprise was broken

It does sound like a more traditional Star Trek, not that I didn't like Picard, but Discovery I thought was mostly garbage.
          Last edited by MartyG; 18-05-2020, 11:12.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
            Not sure how they're going to fit that in the timeline given Pike spent all his time on Discovery whilst Enterprise was broken
            Can't he just be on the Enterprise? Like, pre-Kirk?

I mean the answer is obviously "yes", because Enterprise is a fictional ship and these aren't real people. But putting that aside for a moment, wouldn't that still work?

Comment

Yeah, I don't think I'm understanding the issue.

Comment

He'd have to be - Pike captained the Enterprise for 15 years before they decided to retcon him into Discovery a few years into his stewardship of the vessel, so I was just being a bit facetious really (if they got really stuck timeline wise, they could always retcon a transporter accident and clone him like Riker )
                Last edited by MartyG; 18-05-2020, 12:00.

Comment

But he was only on Discovery for the length of time we saw him on Discovery... after that, he's on the Enterprise. What am I missing?

Comment

The fact it was a tongue in cheek remark having a poke at the amount of retconning they did with Discovery to make it fit into the Star Trek universe?

Comment

Jesus guys. Your all in too deep.

Decent acting.
                      Space ships.
                      Battles.
                      Exploration.

Watch and enjoy.

Comment

Comment

It has been a big day for premiere dates to be announced for upcoming series. Star Trek: Lower Decks CBS All Access has announced a Thursday, August 6th premiere date for their first ever adult-animated series titled “Star Trek: Lower Decks”. Hailing from “Solar Opposites” co-creator Mike McMahan, the series features the voices of Tawny […]

Star Trek: Lower Decks will launch on 06 August

Comment

Trailer for Star Trek: Lower Decks Season 01 out 06 August

Comment

“Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan” producer Robert Sallin is reportedly in talks with Paramount Pictures in regards to a potential new “Star Trek” feature film project. At last report a fourth film featuring the Kelvin timeline cast – namely Chris Pine as Kirk and Zachary Quinto as Spock – was in development with […]

The producer of Wrath of Khan is said to be in talks with Paramount about making a new Star Trek movie which is part written but in a holding pattern until current work is completed on the latest attempt at getting Star Trek XIV off the ground.

Comment

Nickelodeon has announced “Star Trek: Prodigy,” a kids orientated CG-animated series set within the “Star Trek” universe that will premiere in 2021. The story follows a group of rebellious teens who commandeer an old Starfleet ship and head off into the universe for adventure and more. The series hails from “Trollhunters” scribes Kevin and Dan […]

Nickelodeon have announced Star Trek: Prodigy, a CG animated kids show launching next year. The show follows some teenagers to steal an old Federation ship and go on adventures.

Comment

Working...
                                X