No announcement yet.

Raspberry pi help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you sure mate? I've used this on a desktop PC and two Macs with no issues.
    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Oh, the thing worked fine, I could see the folders. But I put the bios in and the game and nothing came up when I restarted the Pi. I think I'm just going to pay someone to do me a card with all the bits on it that i want.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
        Oh, the thing worked fine, I could see the folders. But I put the bios in and the game and nothing came up when I restarted the Pi. I think I'm just going to pay someone to do me a card with all the bits on it that i want.
        Was that the PSX bios? Which PS core are you using?

Comment

Dropped you a PM mate, I have the BIOS and game ISO, just don't know where to find the emu core or how to add it, the online guides are a bit confusing. Not sure if it should be in retropie 4.4 already and just needs unlocking or something.

Comment

Jesus, these things can be frustrating if you are clueless like I am. So I tried to enable the PS Emu which seems to be listed, didn't seem to work so I thought I'd try putting it back in to emulation station (Which helped me set the pad up) and I'm now getting this screen after the splash -

Any ideas? Retropie isn't loading at all now.

EDIT: Just to add, I've just started making my own card from scratch, but I'd like to get the one photographed above up and running again too!
            Last edited by Colin; 13-08-2018, 07:00.

Comment

Well I can't even begin to tell you how happy this makes me!!!

I think after a huge amount of frustration I'm getting to grips with what I'm doing now. I gave up on the premade SD card I bought and started my own from scratch this morning. That's the first PS game I've got running, but I've already got every PCE HuCard/MD/SFC/NEO game I want on there as well as thirty or so choice MAME titles. Just need to suss PCE CD games now and I'm golden!

Comment

Any ideas? Retropie isn't loading at all now.

EDIT: Just to add, I've just started making my own card from scratch, but I'd like to get the one photographed above up and running again too!
                What happens when you enter "emulationstation" in the command line? Same thing.

Looks like the shutdown.py script has an error but I'd need to see the file to be sure (not sure why it would be processing that at startup mind). Python relies on its indentation to work out its code blocks, so if some emu task has put a tab or removed a tab in the wrong place in the file, the python script won't work.
                Last edited by MartyG; 13-08-2018, 10:21.

Comment

I need to go buy a USB keyboard today Marty as I'd read trying that elsewhere, hopefully that'll fix it.

EDIT: [MENTION=42]MartyG[/MENTION], typing emulation station has pulled it back to being fine. Powered it down, then turned back on, back to needing the text prompt again.
                  Last edited by Colin; 13-08-2018, 12:30.

Comment

It sounds like it's not autostarting. I'm not sure what method the EmulationStation scripts normally use (there are a number of different ways to get things to run at boot time in Linux) but now you have a keyboard, try at the command prompt:

sudo nano /home/pi/.bashrc

and add

/usr/bin/emulationstation

at the end on a new line - save the changes and then exit and type

sudo reboot

Give that a try and see if it starts on boot - it's a bit brute force as it's telling the shell to start it when you login.
                    Last edited by MartyG; 13-08-2018, 12:49.

Comment

Well I can't even begin to tell you how happy this makes me!!!

I think after a huge amount of frustration I'm getting to grips with what I'm doing now. I gave up on the premade SD card I bought and started my own from scratch this morning. That's the first PS game I've got running, but I've already got every PCE HuCard/MD/SFC/NEO game I want on there as well as thirty or so choice MAME titles. Just need to suss PCE CD games now and I'm golden!
                      Glad you got there in the end bud! You can do some quite fancy stuff when you get to grips with it
                      Attached Files

Comment

In some ways I'm actually glad I messed up the card I bought on eBay as it's forced me to figure out how to do it myself with the new card. The result is a no fluff, straightforward set up that has only the games I actually want with none of the nonsense that is unnecessary like flashy intros etc. Just got my first PCE CD working, by the end of the day I expect I'll have all the gaming goodness I want installed.

Cheers for the help guys, much appreciated.

Comment

I'm tempted to try something like this.

It helps knowing that if Colin can do it...

Comment

Oh without a doubt I'm possibly the worst person on the forum to attempt this, I'm useless with computer stuff. But hey, I'm now about to play some PCE CD games -

****ing awesome!

Comment

Is that your case on top of the PS4?

Comment

Yessir.

Comment

Working...
                                X