No announcement yet.

General Emulation Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A 32 level, 8 boss mod for Super Mario 64 has been released titled Super Mario 64 Land

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post

A 32 level, 8 boss mod for Super Mario 64 has been released titled Super Mario 64 Land
      Beautiful.

Comment

I just got done tweaking my playlists and finally adding full boxart for everything to Retroarch. I would like a nice frontend experience though. Never got on with EmulationStation so giving Launchbox a try.

Comment

Busy updating my MiSTer. I still need to get a 128mb ram module, currently have a 64mb one.

Will post a video in the coming days with my setup.

Comment

Originally posted by DaytimeDreamer View Post
            Busy updating my MiSTer. I still need to get a 128mb ram module, currently have a 64mb one.

Looking forward to it; not sure if it's for me personally but it does seem quite versatile.

Comment

Are the cores as well fleshed out as say something by Analogue? My main reason for wanting one is instant USB arcade stick support for all systems.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
                Are the cores as well fleshed out as say something by Analogue? My main reason for wanting one is instant USB arcade stick support for all systems.
                More or less all USB pads work. I've tried with a USB Saturn and Megadrive 8BitDo, works like a dream. A friend has tried it with the wireless versions of it and it works. Another friend uses his MiSTer with a Dualshock 4 and it works fine (in usb mode). I would assume arcade sticks work fine also but I can try it at some point and let you know.

Cores get revised all the time. You can see the dates of the latest core revision next to it before you load it up. Here are some phone pics, you get the idea:

Sonic CD also look baller!

Comment

More or less all USB pads work. I've tried with a USB Saturn and Megadrive 8BitDo, works like a dream. A friend has tried it with the wireless versions of it and it works. Another friend uses his MiSTer with a Dualshock 4 and it works fine (in usb mode). I would assume arcade sticks work fine also but I can try it at some point and let you know.

Cores get revised all the time. You can see the dates of the latest core revision next to it before you load it up. Here are some phone pics, you get the idea:

Sonic CD also look baller!

My big problem now is sourcing the extra 128Mb RAM as its sold out.

I don't need the IO board as HDMI is fine for me. Is it OK to operate the unit without this though as that also has a fan?

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
                    My big problem now is sourcing the extra 128Mb RAM as its sold out.

I don't need the IO board as HDMI is fine for me. Is it OK to operate the unit without this though as that also has a fan?
                    I have an as new 64mb ram board for sale on ebay with a new mister on/off switch, runs 95% of the Neo Catalogue and most other Cores? Oh and its much cheaper

Comment

Originally posted by paulus View Post
                      I have an as new 64mb ram board for sale on ebay with a new mister on/off switch, runs 95% of the Neo Catalogue and most other Cores? Oh and its much cheaper
                      It sold about 10 mins after my post, if its you then I'll wrap it well & post today

Comment

Originally posted by paulus View Post
                        It sold about 10 mins after my post, if its you then I'll wrap it well & post today
                        ... otherwise it gets put in a reused Xmas card envelope and you’ll send it when you bloody well feel like it!

Comment

Can someone try my newly released game on the QL core thing on Mist?

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                            I just got done tweaking my playlists and finally adding full boxart for everything to Retroarch. I would like a nice frontend experience though. Never got on with EmulationStation so giving Launchbox a try.
                            I’ve been using Launchbox and I love it. I paid $20 for the premium one.

I’ve been adding artwork in phases. I’m keeping it minimal for now - boxes for console games and ‘clear logos’ for arcade games. I’m not interested in videos and things like that. I like that Launchbox is perfectly usable in its default state and easy to configure. Emulation Station was a hassle to set up and I just got bored.

I’m happy with RetroArch, but Launchbox makes browsing games fun and it adds to the nostalgia.

Comment

Is there somewhere that lists everything I need to buy in order to support every platform mister can simulate?

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                                Is there somewhere that lists everything I need to buy in order to support every platform mister can simulate?
                                – Official I/O Board XL 6.0 with a fan
                                – Memory XS-D v2.5 128MB SDRAM
                                – Real Time Clock 1.3
                                – MiSTer Official Hub 2.1 with VBUS Control
                                – Hub Bridge
                                – ADC for Audio In / Tape Input
                                – A heatsink (Wakefield-Vette type)
                                – TerasIC DE10nano
                                – 2A PSU

Comment

Working...
                                X